Author Topic: Ahh that's better...  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2004, 07:55:54 PM »
If numbers is an issue, then the community as a whole should correct it, not HT.

The community wasnt correcting it, in fact many outright refused to do anything to correct it, so HiTech stepped in with the ENY limiter.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2004, 07:58:55 PM »
Originally posted by Mak333
Wow...really??

Just think, a couple squads go bish/knights and now the rooks are getting hammered...

Shows ya how valuable teamwork is.

F***  the ENY, balancing is not the solution.  The solution is caring about your country and ACTIVELY PARTICIPATING to benefit your country.

I disagree. The solution is caring about the game. If more people cared about the game and not their virtual country HiTech wouldnt have needed to implement the ENY limiter.

I've said this before many times, but I'll say it again here.

Games are meant to be fun. When a game is no longer fun for EVERYONE, then it's no longer a game.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2004, 08:02:15 PM by Elfie »
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Re: Ahh that's better...
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2004, 08:00:31 PM »
Originally posted by Virage
Rooks have the lowest number of players,  NO Eny restriction, and gangbanged by Knits and Bish.  

All is right in the world.

:rolleyes:

This is the way it should be.

The out numbered, the underdogs... The place with the most fun.

The way it was little more than a year ago.
:)
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Canaris

• Zinc Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2004, 08:06:27 PM »
Every day its basically the same,  rooks have the numbers and people say on the forums to even the numbers out on each country.  Rooks just say shut up and play, and what fun is it to the bish and knights to get gang banged everywhere we go and get killed as soon as we enter the fight or have to run and be called a coward on ch 1 because we run from a gangbang.  I am glad the ENY limiter was put in because it has gotten the rooks to learn the having numbers all the time is lame and is getting them to change sides so they can fly the planes they want.  I have never seen the knights or bish ENY go above 5 at primetime.  Rooks on sundays go well above 9 having them lose all their planes and earning a lesson that having almost 300 people on one side isn't fun to others.

Canaris

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2004, 08:52:13 PM »
On the flipside, the numbers of the entire MA rarely tops 300 now on prime time. :)

Yay!:rolleyes:
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2004, 09:51:12 PM »
Originally posted by rabbidrabbit
The only thing the ENY limiter as implimented accomplished was to piss off the customer base.

its not pissed me off, infact its made my sunday nights more injoyable.........:rolleyes:
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2004, 10:24:44 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
On the flipside, the numbers of the entire MA rarely tops 300 now on prime time. :)

Yay!:rolleyes:

According to most of the pom-pom shakers it's approx 4-500 players?

I could be wrong, I remember there was always over 500 players on the weekends.

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2004, 07:59:36 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot

If numbers is an issue, then the community as a whole should correct it, not HT.

Many a post was put up by many a Knight/Bishop asking that the gang-bang horde cease and desist and could some of the Rooks squads and/or Rooks switch to create a balance.

All responses were along the lines of ...

"Whiner cry-baby" ... "we were in the bucket" ... "you can suffer too".

Except the difference between when the Rooks were in the bucket and screaming, and now, is that some major squads took it upon themselves to move and create the balance along with some concerned individuals.

Not this time around ... straight out refusals to switch and weren't the least concerned about the imbalance ... hence ENY. [/B]

LOL now that's just hilarious.  The only time there's a rook imbalance is RJO nights.  1 day a week (if it's still running that is).  The other 6 days of the week it's the typical bish+nit gangbang on the rooks, with rooks usually having the lowest numbers.  Been like this for a long, long, long time, and RJO was started to counter it.  Not our fault all the weenies from bish-nit land bailed out instead of fighting :D

Now Elfie, as for fun... it's NOT fun for me when my preferred ride, the -51D, is not available.  It's not fun for me if I have to change countries to fly it, and end up having to shoot at my friends in Rookland to find a fight because there's barely any activity on the nit-bish front.  And if you're gonna say "fly another plane or live with the country change" you better hand over your CC# when you do.

73 I was on when ya'll left Rookland.. 42 was being a total Napoleonic ******* and pretty much abusing anyone who said anything in his general direction.  Maybe I missed what set him off /shrug  But it seemed more like a case of "I'm takin my toys and leaving, so =p"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2004, 08:28:50 AM »
Originally posted by CavemanJ
LOL now that's just hilarious.  The only time there's a rook imbalance is RJO nights.  1 day a week (if it's still running that is).  The other 6 days of the week it's the typical bish+nit gangbang on the rooks, with rooks usually having the lowest numbers.  Been like this for a long, long, long time, and RJO was started to counter it.  Not our fault all the weenies from bish-nit land bailed out instead of fighting :D

Now Elfie, as for fun... it's NOT fun for me when my preferred ride, the -51D, is not available.  It's not fun for me if I have to change countries to fly it, and end up having to shoot at my friends in Rookland to find a fight because there's barely any activity on the nit-bish front.  And if you're gonna say "fly another plane or live with the country change" you better hand over your CC# when you do.

73 I was on when ya'll left Rookland.. 42 was being a total Napoleonic ******* and pretty much abusing anyone who said anything in his general direction.  Maybe I missed what set him off /shrug  But it seemed more like a case of "I'm takin my toys and leaving, so =p"

Caveman ...

Nothing hilarious except the fact that you really have no clue as to what I was referencing to. Go back about a year or so and the Rooks were getting their collective arses handed to them day in and day out. They appealed, and asked for balance, and some major squads took the challenge and switched to Rooks to provide relief and balance.

Our sqaud, a few months back, flew for the Rooks for 2 months. Every day that I flew for those 2 months, the Rooks enjoyed and basked in having superior numbers over both other countries, so don't come here trying to tell me or anybody else that the only day Rooks enjoyed vast numbers was during an RJO, cause it ain't true.

During our 2 month stay, there was not one RJO that took place and when speaking with Grimm at the con, he freely admitted that RJOs are not as prevelant as most think they are. Sundays became a big squad day for the Rooks and that is why most assumed that an RJO was taking place.

You can't fly your P-51-D ... oh the horror ... try the B Model ... you might be surprised. Better yet ... try a Jug ... I find P-51s easy prey for the D-25 ... YMMV.

Barely any actvity on the Bish-Nit Front ? ... please ... I flew last night and switched back and forth between the Rook and Bish fronts and there was plenty of action on both fronts. Anybody worth their salt knows that the fighting front is, for the most part, determined by the map and the position of the countries within the map. Each map has established a "flow" and all watermelon moves that way, so what appears to be a "truce" is totally fictitious.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2004, 08:32:20 AM by SlapShot »
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2004, 10:35:21 AM »
CavemanJ,

You're way off base there.  Just before the ENY limiter was discussed I logged on every day for a week at Pacific prime time.  Every single time I logged on not only did the Rooks have a heavy advantage in numbers, but the Knights were down to five or fewer bases and getting perpetually pounded.

This week was no different that my other recent experiences.  To claim that the Rooks only had an advantage on Sunday is to be blissfully oblivious to what was actually happening.

Now the Rooks have complained loudly and persistantly about the ENY limiter.  Maybe that had something to do with HiTech's changes to it or not, I don't know, but now the imbalance has to be very high before it kicks in.  High enough that it rarely does kick in any more and now the Rooks seem to be down, outnumbered and wondering why they are still facing P-51Ds and La-7s.

On the other hand I flew for the Rooks for my first three years or so in AH.  For the first year I don't recall numbers being a problem for the Rooks, but then for the next two years it seemed that the Rooks were steeply outnumbered a significant majority of the time.  All that we Rooks got from the other sides were snide comments about "everybody getting a turn in the bucket."  There were no squads that moved to address the imbalance as is claimed now.  I remember RJOs beginning to happen and I remember it being so bad just before I left that on an RJO night that I was participating in, the Rooks were still slightly outnumbered.  I also remember HiTech's first attempt at side balancing using the carrot of cheaper perk units and faster perk earning having essentially no effect.

A few months after I joined a CT squad that then formed a MA Knight squad I recall the Rook numbers growing as people finally acted to try to balance the Rooks, but for two years nothing had happened other than HiTech's carrot balancing attempt.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2004, 12:34:39 PM »
Originally posted by Meatwad
Shoot about half our squad left AH because of the ENY limiter.

Heh....I think a lot of folks are using the ENY limiter as an excuse to hide the real reason for their leaving.  Its always easier to place the blame on someone else.  I admit AH has been stagnant for a while.  Everybody is anxiously awaiting new planes, etc.  I am one of them but I havent flown much in about a year simply because I was burnt out.  Take a break, get out and do something else.  I think you will realize when you come back that it wasnt the ENY limiter that made you quit.

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2004, 07:13:21 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
The ENY Limiter did its job.

imho, to be fair, it is too early to say whether the side-balancer is doing its job or not, because, if it is then Rooks should not get gangbanged as a result of the side-balancer.  From the start of this thread, it seems that the horde just moved across the border at the moment.  

But then, from Karnak's post, I gather that the settings have been tweaked to make the side-balancer not as severe (hence effect is weaker).

But then again, what do I know... I haven't been flying much lately...

Offline Bubbaj6

• Zinc Member
Painful Irony
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2004, 09:29:01 AM »
Isn't amazing that after all this time with ENY limiter that the some Rooks still feel that this is aimed solely at them?

psuedo-quote "Rooks only have numbers 1 night a week the rest of the time we are outnumbered" followed usually in the same post by "I am mad because I can never fly my favorite ride".  Umm, the only time your plane choice is limited is when you have a numbers advantage hence one part of the usual argument is simply not true, a lie, a bit of selective truthtelling, and/or bogus.

As a refresher since many of the whiners still do not seem to grasp this fundamental point:  The ENY limiter kicks on when ANY country has a significant numbers advantage.  This means that it could affect knights today, bish tomorrow, and rooks the next day.  It is not something that happens ONLY to the rooks.

Bottom Line: If you have numbers your plane choice may be limited.  If you are outnumbered all planes will be available to you.  This is true for all THREE countries and the ENY limiter is not some S&M device that is being used to enslave the rooks.

Offline JB42

• Nickel Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2004, 01:05:02 PM »
Don't Mistake getting gangbanged with having half your country mindlessly furballing and the rest getting pummeled because the furballers refuse to help. :p
" The only thing upping from the CV are lifejackets." - JB15

" Does this Pony make my butt look fat?" - JB11

" I'd rather shoot down 1 Spit in a 109 than 10 109s in a Spit." - JB42

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2004, 02:33:49 PM »
And the "southern exposure" theory some used to explain why B&K were ganging the Rooks goes out the window on this map reset too. Rooks in the NE corner, still getting ganged, still has the fewest bases, still gets ENY'd when they have enough people to counterbalance this behavior - week after week after week.

I ain't flying, but I do peek in and survey the map just to see if the behavior has changed. And it hasn't. Which makes most posts I see about "fairness and balance" next to meaningless.

They would have a lot more credability if more people who weren't Rooks agreed that the number fields should be part of the ENY calculation - so that sides that are down can counter-attack effectively. But no ... it's "fine now" because without that modification it lets the B&K preserve their advantage when numbers shift. It keeps the side that's ganged up on down longer.

I can't decide if some of you just can't see the big picture or are just so selfish that you won't enterain any idea which could reduce your chance of victory. I'm not singling anyone out either - just the general trend of posting has been very corrosive to the community. Starting with the "Fly another plane, Princess" crap directed at Rooks the day ENY went into force - it was your B&K countrymen with comments like that which reinforced the notion that ENY was put in place to hurt Rooks.

And obviously a good many folks posting here (from all sides) do get the big picture and have agreed with further balancing improvements. But just as with our oh so wunnerful US government, as long as the MA balance issue continues to be handled with partisan politics, it will never really get any better.