Author Topic: Ahh that's better...  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
Ahh that's better...
« on: October 04, 2004, 10:51:07 PM »
Rooks have the lowest number of players,  NO Eny restriction, and gangbanged by Knits and Bish.  

All is right in the world.

:rolleyes:
JG11

Vater

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 11:10:15 PM »
Yep, lets dump the ENY factor and get back to business.

I was quite willing to give it a try, but all in all, I think it had a small impact.

Players will decide the numbers. They always will. That is why we pay to play.

go figure.

HTC is a pretty smart company. They encourage thier customers to regulate thier product (not a criticism, a compliment). Bottom line is HTC is willing to listen to thier customers, and try different things to make an improvement, based on what input they get from thier customers.

I love this sim, and lease excuse the jumbled thoughts.  RTR's been having a few "wobbly  Pops" tonight.

hehe.

RTR (*I Love Youuuu Guyyyys!)
The Damned

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 08:53:13 AM »
You couldn't be anymore wrong RTR. The ENY Limiter did its job.

There has been a shift in numbers in the MA due to the ENY limiter.

Complete squads have switched countries along with individuals to try and balance the arena because of the ENY Limiter. The ENY Limiter will probably remain in place for quite some time.

As long as the arena is balanced within the parameters that HT has set, then the ENY Limiter is disabled ... or virtually removed. Once things get out of hand ... it will kick in again. The way the parameters are set now ... its really no big deal unless things get way out of wack.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 09:12:36 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Complete squads have switched countries along with individuals to try and balance the arena because of the ENY Limiter. The ENY Limiter will probably remain in place for quite some time.
since 42 has not posted... i thought i better clear this up.

JB's did not change because of the ENY in any way whatsoever.

99% of what we fly is not affected by the ENY issue. we switched because of a lack of respect in the rooks, and a lack of overall teamwork. too many loose cannons, and "it's all about me / my sortie" types not caring about how the country does in the "war".
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2004, 09:25:10 AM »
Originally posted by JB73
we switched because of a lack of respect in the rooks, and a lack of overall teamwork. too many loose cannons, and "it's all about me / my sortie" types not caring about how the country does in the "war".

Hey! I resemb ... resent that! ;)

Have you found the Knits to be any better?
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2004, 09:27:31 AM »
he im just the messenger LOL

i was no way involved with this decision, in fact i had not been online for like 2 weeks.

that being said.. surprisingly yes, the knights have been working well together at least around us.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2004, 09:52:05 AM »
The only thing the ENY limiter as implimented accomplished was to piss off the customer base.

Offline Killjoy2

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nortonfamily.net
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2004, 10:10:26 AM »
I'm a rook and I'm pissed at ENY.

We are down to a few bases, beat up by bish-nits and unable to get a full range of planes or GVs because bish have fewer numbers.

How can you fight your way out of a hole when you are penalized for numbers?

ENY does not address the prime balance problem of 2 countries combining to beat up on the country with fewer bases.   The number of players in each country is a secondary issue.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2004, 10:56:13 AM »
Shoot about half our squad left AH because of the ENY limiter. Were now in WW2OL
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2004, 11:14:02 AM »
How can you fight your way out of a hole when you are penalized for numbers?

Organize ... simple as that. If you have numbers, and are forced to fly the higher ENY planes, then take a look at the P-47 variants ... very good replacements for the P-51 ... and hardly ever affected by ENY.

A squadron of P-47s are as every bit as dangerous as a squadron of P-51s ... and some would argue that they are more dangerous.

Those that stomped their feet and walked out ... oh well ... those are the types that would have found some other excuse to walk somewhere along the line anyways. Is anything different since their departure ... has gameply suffered because of it ... is the MA a different place since they left ... I don't think so ... probably better off.

73 ... I didn't insinuate that the JBs left because of ENY ... don't know why you felt the need to explain yourself.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2004, 11:19:05 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
73 ... I didn't insinuate that the JBs left because of ENY ... don't know why you felt the need to explain yourself.
<> sir, not because of you...

only brought it up because it as not been "pubically" discussed, and this thread might have brought it to conversation.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2004, 11:24:10 AM »
Killjoy,
The ENY restrictions are not there to prevent a team from losing, nor assist a team in winning.  

Personally, I don't fly much anymore, but when I do I see a vast improvement in the playability of the MA.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2004, 12:07:49 PM »
I wanted to know why JB's left. Rooks who know better know we are worse without you guys.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2004, 12:25:11 PM »
Originally posted by Raider179
I wanted to know why JB's left. Rooks who know better know we are worse without you guys.

Well ya can't have them back ... we Knights are enjoying the company of the JBs ... great bunch of guys.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline SLCR

• Copper Member
Ahh that's better...
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2004, 12:47:47 PM »
Originally posted by rabbidrabbit
The only thing the ENY limiter as implimented accomplished was to piss off the customer base.

That's why I'm taking a break now after +6 years of AH.  Cancelled my account last month.  Probably come back when TOD is released or sooner if ENY is taken out.

-SLICER