Author Topic: Fuel Endurance Posted  (Read 353 times)

Offline xHaMmeRx

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.netaces.org
Fuel Endurance Posted
« on: October 05, 2004, 09:02:53 AM »
Greetings All,

I've posted a Fuel Endurance page showing fuel endurance at full power. Currently, the majority of the numbers listed come from a quick look at the E6B after the engine revs up. This data pretty close on the couple of planes I have actually tested so far.

Ultimately, I will get actual measurements and add info on how far you can go on max cruise with a 1/4 tank (or something like that, haven't decided yet).

Hope it helps.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Fuel Endurance Posted
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 09:06:51 AM »
that reading is incorrect (the right after startup)... also wrong on climbout.

take a reading 30 seconds after the eng fired, then look again in 30 sec, then again in 1 min.

you will see it has gone up since right after the engine fired over...

ALSO take a reading climbing, then level off with E6B up and watch what happens.

sir for keeping that site up, just wanted to inform about this inaccuracy, hoping to make the net aces even better.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Fuel Endurance Posted
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 09:12:56 AM »
Look to be ok for the typhoon and the Yak

Btw I think you made a typo , there is 2 entries in your list for the Yak9-t

Offline xHaMmeRx

• Nickel Member
Fuel Endurance Posted
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 09:13:33 AM »
JB, don't know about that.  I have actually tested 3 aircraft from takeoff to out of fuel and found them all to be within 1 minute of the initial E6B reading. I did various flying around in all of them just to kill the time.

I will take another look at it this evening when I get home from work (by testing a couple of more planes) and post results.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Fuel Endurance Posted
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2004, 09:16:53 AM »
If you fly above rated altitude you can increase range/time drastically.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Fuel Endurance Posted
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2004, 10:12:15 AM »
I'll echo GScholz and ask what altitude you're testing at.  Altitude has a huge impact.  If you could include that in a note it would be nice.

A few other notes, 1) we're getting a B-24J not a B-24D, 2) the Ki-61 in AH is a Ki-61-I-Tei and 3) the Me262 and Ar234 are missing their data.

Thanks for your efforts.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
Fuel Endurance Posted
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2004, 11:35:51 AM »
Hammer,
Good Job, Thanks !

Altitude does make a difference in some planes. As you climb, you can watch the GPH change dramatically on some planes, on others it hardly changes at all.

A good compromise would probably be to list the times at 5,000 ft.  Although what you've done is probably perfectly fine. This is a good starters guide, it's up to the individual to learn the quirks of their favorite plane.

I noticed you still have the old field maps posted at NetAces. Are you going to use the field maps I sent you ? The only thing that is incorrect on them that I've noticed is the location of the map room at Vehicle Hangars has been moved from when I .pdfluffied the map package.

Offline xHaMmeRx

• Nickel Member
Fuel Endurance Posted
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2004, 11:54:39 AM »
MOSQ

I have to apologize. If you sent me field maps (and I have no reason to doubt it,), they got lost somewhere in my transition from overseas to back home. Send them again and I will post them.  I was actually just going to save the clipboard maps in some other format and post them...all a matter of time!

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
Fuel Endurance Posted
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2004, 12:19:17 PM »
OTW. Let me know if you don't get them.