Author Topic: State of Affairs  (Read 2015 times)

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
State of Affairs
« on: October 08, 2004, 04:22:56 PM »
Well I saw an all time new low last night. Had a guy change sides and blatantly give away cv info..base situations..friendly aircraft and goon positions on channel 200. Didnt even bother  with keeping it on the down low. To make things worse, he started shadowing my every move..making sure someone was there to kill me in a gv before i got there, and spawning with me to capture a base... acting like he was trying to help. When an lvt of mine with troops got killed...his buddy  (the guy who killed me) accidently asked him a question on ch 200 and totally busted him. Thank you 68doctor for shaming your whole squad and AH.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
State of Affairs
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 06:41:40 PM »
Yea, that`s pretty petty, but  happens regualrly.
  We had one twerp change sides and immediatley stated he knew the locations of the NME CVs. He got jumped on pretty hard and was told to keep it to hisself.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline flyingaround

• Nickel Member
State of Affairs
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 07:47:03 PM »
Was flying durning that time jaxxo....   have to admit was in poor taste, and prob. should be "dealt" with in some way.  That sort of play is uncalled for.  I for sure would tear into a WM that did any such thing.

(no bearing on the 68's as a squad as a whole, but doctor was a bit out of line)
WMLute

III/JG26 9th ST WidowMakers

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
State of Affairs
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 07:49:58 PM »
I have np with 68's. Looks like they booted Doctor anyway, justice served.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
State of Affairs
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 08:01:53 PM »
one of them was whining on knight channel about bish spies last night.

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
State of Affairs
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 10:19:35 PM »
68Balls is also making their squad proud these days.

:rolleyes:

Offline phookat

• Nickel Member
State of Affairs
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2004, 10:28:58 PM »
Yeah, it's too bad.  On a related note... I usually don't pay too much attention to what our CV's are doing, but I've noticed recently a lot of times the CV will be sent off to Sri Lanka and ordered to circle the island 500 times.  LOL.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
State of Affairs
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2004, 11:24:53 PM »
I'M SICK AND TIRED OF IT, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE !!!
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
State of Affairs
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2004, 04:02:58 PM »
Nopoop stfu and go make me more Jug skins!  :D

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
State of Affairs
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2004, 04:16:33 PM »
Did you make the jug 25 skins?

Offline crims

• Nickel Member
State of Affairs
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2004, 11:03:23 AM »
The only thing I don't like about this Games is being Able to Talk to the Enemy. Never liked it Never will.:mad:

Crims
479th Raiders
Life's to Short Don't Forget To Laugh 479Th Raiders FG

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
State of Affairs
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2004, 11:24:43 AM »
Well apparently doctor is back in the 68 squad. go figure. I would like to thank 68balls for tracking down one of our goons in the middle of nowhere with a set of b17's. I apologize for having ever said anything good about you or your squad.

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
      • http://n/a
State of Affairs
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2004, 11:27:21 AM »
The game is great, its the players "Air Quake" mentallity that ruins the fun for me. It has become the main topic of the BBS in one form or another. It is quite obvious TO ME that many of us non-"Air Quake" guys are ready for T.O.D.

It seems every time I play I find some new disgusting trend. If its not dive bombing lancs from 15k, its a squad of 15 dweebles that sucide Jabo sortie after sortie after sortie. Or some 50 strong horde comin into attack at 30k. Its all gettin REAL ridiculous.

Somehow a food metafore seems appropriate here:
Eye Candy is a nice snack, but to maintain a long player life cycle, one must have the nutrition found in a well balanced playing environment.

Anton
« Last Edit: October 10, 2004, 11:34:18 AM by anton »

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
State of Affairs
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2004, 11:29:03 AM »
Originally posted by crims
The only thing I don't like about this Games is being Able to Talk to the Enemy. Never liked it Never will.:mad:

Crims
479th Raiders

didnt you watch the show Baa baa Black sheep where Pappy used to talk to Tommy (a jap pilot)

"better ruck nest time Bowington":)
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
State of Affairs
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2004, 12:38:56 PM »
first off, ill defend doc and balls by saying that they didnt start the spieing game.

they only started doing it only after a player with the game id of FBI kept comeing over to the knights to spot a cv we had been hiding and then going back to the rooks or bish? cant remember wich. anyways he kept upping bombers and trying to sink that single cv all day and we just kept upping fighters all day, killing him. i think its preety sad that someone has nothing better to do then to switch sides just to check cv positions and then spend thier whole day trying to sink'em.

now also on this note, a complaint was filed with skuzzy by either doc or balls, and skuzzy basicly said "ohh well" suck it up!, well actually i think she said spieing wasnt cheating, it was just being sneaky.

now i dont like this whole spieing thing any better than the rest of you. but what are we suppose to do about it?

id say that mabey to fix this ht should use the same technique used for determining if your computers used it's two week free trial. what i mean is not alow more than one game id per each ip: address. that way you couldnt swich sides back and forth all day useing multiple game id's.