Author Topic: want to know whats wrong with this weeks setup?  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
want to know whats wrong with this weeks setup?
« on: October 10, 2004, 12:17:31 AM »
The players.

"Oh, the pilots in the CT are so much better than the pilots in the MA, much better fights, etc etc".  

I've been flying the CT since the start of this setup.. want to know how many really good fights I've had?  

One.  

The furball tonight was pretty fun, except for a certain chicken**** on the US side sitting in a 5 inch gun lobbing shells into it.  He didn't really give a **** who he hit apparently, he thought it was our fault for flying into his ack.  When I asked him how many F4's he had killed, he starts laughing.  Welcome to the CT... the MA with 400 less people.

Then some other US guy dropped the hangars, that ended the fight.

So then it was 8 US vs 3 Japs, 7 of the US were sitting in 5 inch guns (I was the only one flying).  It was a little better for the Jap side, 2 of 3 were actually flying.

You want to know what my theory is on why these people are such *******?  The setup is to even.  The F4F/P40 doesn't absolutely dominate the A6M2, so people don't want to fly those because they are afraid they'll die.  As my favorite chicken**** 5 inch gunner said "I'm not flying an F4F, they suck".  Killing them from the US 5 inch gun is much more gratifying I suppose.  On the other hand.. I haven't seen this girl in a fighter since the setup started, so maybe she's a ***** all the time, I'm not sure.  I did see her in a Boston doing the HO and run method of "fighting" though.  

On the other hand, the A6M2 is a wonderfully manueverable plane.  In theory, it should absolutely dominate the F4F/P40 (well, the F4F anyway, P40E is a different story).  But.. it can't take a hit.  So Joe Chicken**** is camped out behind some poor guy in a F4F banging away, when some other F4F nails him in a driveby... OMGWTF I DIED!!!  The zeke SUCKS!!!  

So...  you get 11 people in the arena, with 8 of them sitting in 5 inch guns waiting around with their thumb up their ass, all because they never learned how to fight and don't want to take the time.  

I'm done with it in any case.. at least in the MA with 400 people you have an easier time finding SOMEONE who wants to fight, even if they'll only do it with every advantage possible.  But it beats the hell out of "fighting" a 5 inch gun.

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 10:36:00 AM »
Simple fix to this.
Lock out the naval guns again.

Splash1

storch

Re: want to know whats wrong with this weeks setup?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 10:39:02 AM »
Originally posted by Urchin
The players.

"Oh, the pilots in the CT are so much better than the pilots in the MA, much better fights, etc etc".  

I've been flying the CT since the start of this setup.. want to know how many really good fights I've had?  

One.  

The furball tonight was pretty fun, except for a certain chicken**** on the US side sitting in a 5 inch gun lobbing shells into it.  He didn't really give a **** who he hit apparently, he thought it was our fault for flying into his ack.  When I asked him how many F4's he had killed, he starts laughing.  Welcome to the CT... the MA with 400 less people.

Then some other US guy dropped the hangars, that ended the fight.

So then it was 8 US vs 3 Japs, 7 of the US were sitting in 5 inch guns (I was the only one flying).  It was a little better for the Jap side, 2 of 3 were actually flying.

You want to know what my theory is on why these people are such *******?  The setup is to even.  The F4F/P40 doesn't absolutely dominate the A6M2, so people don't want to fly those because they are afraid they'll die.  As my favorite chicken**** 5 inch gunner said "I'm not flying an F4F, they suck".  Killing them from the US 5 inch gun is much more gratifying I suppose.  On the other hand.. I haven't seen this girl in a fighter since the setup started, so maybe she's a ***** all the time, I'm not sure.  I did see her in a Boston doing the HO and run method of "fighting" though.  

On the other hand, the A6M2 is a wonderfully manueverable plane.  In theory, it should absolutely dominate the F4F/P40 (well, the F4F anyway, P40E is a different story).  But.. it can't take a hit.  So Joe Chicken**** is camped out behind some poor guy in a F4F banging away, when some other F4F nails him in a driveby... OMGWTF I DIED!!!  The zeke SUCKS!!!  

So...  you get 11 people in the arena, with 8 of them sitting in 5 inch guns waiting around with their thumb up their ass, all because they never learned how to fight and don't want to take the time.  

I'm done with it in any case.. at least in the MA with 400 people you have an easier time finding SOMEONE who wants to fight, even if they'll only do it with every advantage possible.  But it beats the hell out of "fighting" a 5 inch gun.

*sigh*  look for me please even though I logged off disgusted for similar reasons last night.  CT staff please do as Dennis suggests.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 11:00:56 AM »
It was a very odd night indeed. When I got there Oldman was looking for anybody not in a GV, or trucks as he calls them. Seems a heated truck war was going on in the Slot map?!?

A few minutes later, we had a great 3-5/4-6 furball, really  a lot of fun. I killed a few, augered a couple of times, but it was tons of fun until.....

I was D400 and just about to pull the trigger on a Zeke when BOOM

xxxxxx shot you down

Hmmm...last time I checked he was on my side, maybe he switched? I was gonna give him a and "never saw ya" but  checked the roster just to be sure, and he was still on my side. Thinking it was a fluke I upped again.

I was D400 and just about to pull the trigger on a Zeke.....BOOM

Finally it dawns on me that killshooter is off and its my own guy shooting me down with the fleet 5" gun. I dont really care about getting killed, but I am sure most others would not be so understanding.

He eventually landed 12 kills, 5 of themv friendly, and ruined the furball since nobody on the CV would take off.

If we leave the fleet guns on, take killshooter off.

Offline tzr

• Copper Member
      • http://webpages.charter.net/maddogjoe/index.html
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 11:19:35 AM »
NAMES..need Names..was killed twice from a field gun when trying to take off

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2004, 11:23:38 AM »
Interesting concept. Dweeb of the week award board postings. Unfortuantely it would end up an all out character assassination fest over time. Still .....

storch

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2004, 11:28:12 AM »
Originally posted by tzr
NAMES..need Names..was killed twice from a field gun when trying to take off

I don't remember and honestly I don't look at the roster much so I wouldn't know if I was killed by friendly fire or enemy fire.  Also it doesn't matter much.  what is far more annoying to me is the perpetual chasing and never being able to catch anyone, not even a Boston.  That annoys me.  Early war sucks.  Not because of the players but because of the weak guns that will never be fixed and the A6M2 which will never go faster than 290 when it should go 332.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2004, 11:33:05 AM »
Originally posted by Grits
Seems a heated truck war was going on in the Slot map?!?

If memory serves, something like this happens most every time we have the slot map, usually for just one night.  People jump into boats and trucks instead of airplanes.  Perhaps it's because ETO maps seldom have opposing fleets...who knows.  One way or the other, it makes for a pathetic evening if you enjoy flying airplanes.

- oldman

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2004, 12:25:06 PM »
yeah,

I was killed by a friendly shooting a 5" the first day of the setup..  (It was an accident, he wasn't doing it on purpose).  It didn't make me mad,  but I do get a little more nervous flying by those fleets.  If someone was abusing kill shooter,  they should have been warned then booted if they continued...  I like the realism with it on...  It would also be interesting if they enabled friendly mid air collisions too  :)

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2004, 12:39:49 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
If memory serves, something like this happens most every time we have the slot map, usually for just one night.  People jump into boats and trucks instead of airplanes.  Perhaps it's because ETO maps seldom have opposing fleets...who knows.  One way or the other, it makes for a pathetic evening if you enjoy flying airplanes.

- oldman

Gv battles can be fun,  but last night someone showed up in a tiger:eek:   and that did get our attention... since we didn't have any hardware that could take it out, and it was right on top of our airfield smashing our town...  After he killed 6-8 m8s trying to stop him we finally droped enough bombs to kill him....

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2004, 12:45:19 PM »
A Tiger? In this setup? Has to be a mistake.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2004, 12:45:49 PM »
There's been a lot of friendly fire so far. Grunherz was really ticked over repeated friendly fire kills. As for the "truck" battles, usually an early war PTO isn't much for GV stuff. Someone decided to take advantage of a bug and upped a tiger. Took awhile to kill it.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2004, 02:55:30 PM »
The only mistake was in having the Tiger available at all, the MOTD clearly said Tigers and Panzers were not available.  Everybody told the offending person too, who I will not name.  To be honest I didnt care much one way or another, I just went to another base to up..........but I can understand their frustration and even anger when someone knowingly takes advantage of an obvious screw up in the arena settings to cause problems.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2004, 04:50:10 PM »
Try Thursday nights Urchin, #s are usually not too bad then.

Personally I think GVs and mannable ack are a waste of time in the CT, because the players base isnt big enough.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2004, 05:01:10 PM »
I'm not going to say who shot me down (twice) by friendly fire because he wasnt doing it on purpose, I just happened to be going after the same guy he was shooting at and got in the crossfire, its not his fault killshooter was off. In reality that is what would happen, Allied proximity shells didnt know friend from foe afterall.