Author Topic: HTC 3D Skin Meshes  (Read 471 times)

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
HTC 3D Skin Meshes
« on: October 10, 2004, 03:37:00 AM »
If I read correctly about 3D modeling you have to take the meshes from the models and place them on a skin template.  If this is the case is it possible we can get base template meshes or is that walking the fine line?  

I understand if it would cause issues as far as how detailed the models are and just how many polygons you guys are using.  It would be alot easier in the end to ensure panel lines are properly aligned and make it easier to make alpha selections in paint programs.  We would be able to outline and grab only the area that needs to be painted.

Everytime I make a template I make sure I save each shape in an alpha channel.  This makes the overall process easier in the long run.  Especially when your making alot of skins for a paticular airframe.  It also makes it easier to do fine tuning and altering of specific areas without affecting the rest of the skin.  It also makes it easier if you altered only a specific area of the template.  You can grab that surface or item and do a copy merged and place it in the .bmp skin file.