Author Topic: State of Affairs  (Read 2014 times)

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
State of Affairs
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2004, 09:37:05 PM »
What it really is, is a SAD state of affairs. I don't know what I find more sad, hiding CV's or spying with extra accounts. Nevermind people who condone and/or encourage either, or both.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
State of Affairs
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2004, 09:42:49 PM »
Originally posted by airbumba
Did we turn his hair grey?

Well Duh:eek: Reading this BBS and working on everything else...He should be HAPPY he has hair.:rofl
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
State of Affairs
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2004, 03:13:00 AM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
What it really is, is a SAD state of affairs. I don't know what I find more sad, hiding CV's or spying with extra accounts. Nevermind people who condone and/or encourage either, or both.

Not nearly as sad as it is silly. Think about it. Extra accounts ... to spy? As silly as ... extra accounts to vulch yourself on the field a billion times for points. Maybe someone does it. If so, I think they have more money than brains if that's how they approach their online leisure. Hopefully it's not how they approach anything else.

Personally, I think the claim of people paying HTC extra money so they can have accounts in every country when one more than suffices (if used in even a half awake state-of-mind) is as overblown as accusations of massive, rampant cheating of any sort in any arena. Add to that, that it's only actual cheating if HTC thinks it is. So it's really more of a case of distasteful methods. Even then, though, methinks more suspect than do.

There's a bit of an element of stupidity in everything, I reckon.

I'd figure the real goofy loser types at about 2%. The bottom 2. Split evenly that'd be what .... two or three idiots per side at any given moment (less if it's not prime time)? All it takes, I guess,  but I'm sure some see it more.

Then again:

1: I tend to be an optimist.

2: I really don't care what silly games the rabbit plays, he'll end up in the stew pot. And if he has a second account. Then that's as good as 2 rabbits in the pot.

This wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. Just addressing both the actions and the accusations.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 03:15:37 AM by Arlo »

Offline OntosMk1

• Nickel Member
State of Affairs
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2004, 03:33:17 AM »
To make things worse, he started shadowing my every move..making sure someone was there to kill me in a gv before i got there, and spawning with me to capture a base... acting like he was trying to help. When an lvt of mine with troops got killed...his buddy (the guy who killed me) accidently asked him a question on ch 200 and totally busted him

68DevilM, if anyone on my squad did this they would get booted. Their actions reflect on the whole squad. Even if your not the C.O. I'd still think twice for defending behavior like that. If something like that would happen to me I would get absolutly LIVID. I know spying is "apart" of the game but the actions above go beyond that. :mad:
TIGER, tiger, burning bright  
In the forests of the night,  
What immortal hand or eye  
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
State of Affairs
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2004, 02:30:23 PM »
Originally posted by OntosMk1
68DevilM, if anyone on my squad did this they would get booted. Their actions reflect on the whole squad. Even if your not the C.O. I'd still think twice for defending behavior like that. If something like that would happen to me I would get absolutly LIVID. I know spying is "apart" of the game but the actions above go beyond that. :mad:

And Ontos is sexy when he is mad, so it is partially worth it to piss him off  :p

I've read all of these posts, and Leviathn gets my vote for the best one =)

Offline Heretik

• Nickel Member
State of Affairs
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2004, 02:40:25 PM »
Howitzer!  Where the sam hill you been?  I come back from that "other game" and my favorite bait er...:D *ahem* wingie is MIA :(

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
State of Affairs
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2004, 02:50:30 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Not nearly as sad as it is silly. Think about it. Extra accounts ... to spy? As silly as ... extra accounts to vulch yourself on the field a billion times for points. Maybe someone does it. If so, I think they have more money than brains if that's how they approach their online leisure. Hopefully it's not how they approach anything else...

Why did I all of a sudden have flashbacks of RAGS and the old AW 56th when I read this Arlo? :)

Dan/Slack
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
State of Affairs
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2004, 05:12:08 PM »
I didn't ... until now ... damn you. Heh. Rags and his tags were definately a .... ummm .... unique bunch.

And by unique I mean retarded.

;)

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
State of Affairs
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2004, 05:34:31 PM »
Originally posted by OntosMk1

matters already resolved:aok

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
State of Affairs
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2004, 06:03:29 PM »
With a bit of deduction looking at the map and willingness to spend time flying around looking, it's not too hard to locate CV's. It's called SCOUTING the enemy. Or just follow me around over any body of water. If a CV is out there, it finds me and blows my kester off. Kinda funny how CV's sorta just hate the heck outta me.:)

Just look at channel 200 as we broke their code. Knowing they know where you are is better than never having known they know..da da da ta da....................:D
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.