Author Topic: The dreaded KILLER TRUCKS  (Read 721 times)

Offline SPECTRE304

• Zinc Member
The dreaded KILLER TRUCKS
« on: October 12, 2004, 10:49:48 PM »
What is with the blasted supply truck on the oz kansas map.  they have to run randomly around the base for a while. This afternoon I was driving out and just before I get to the woods this truck hits me and I flip over and I was not on a road. Tonight I was in the VH at V103 and the whole ###%%$# convoy drives through the VH in front of my panzer.:confused:

I would like some one at HITECH to tell me why a tank should have to look out for, and have to dodge trucks on there own vehicle base.  And since when can a truck turn a tank over and keep right on going.  

You try to have reality by having to shift the tanks for hills etc.  and other things for reality.  Well I think you should get some prioritys right and fix some of the  things that take perk points away from people who are paying money to at least have a fair shake.  :mad: :mad:

Also rather then tell us you are working on the problem I think that out of  fairness to us that are paying money for this you should remove the trucks till you can solve the problem.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 10:59:46 PM by SPECTRE304 »

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 01:55:02 PM »
That always cracked me up... there is/was a field in the middle of Mindano that had a convoy drive right through the middle of the field and killed a whole mission that was taking off.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline SPECTRE304

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 02:34:50 PM »
The point I am trying to make is that I think HT has some misguided priorities.  The trucks are a nice WINDOW DRESSING
FOR LOOKS ONLY.  They could still have the re supply on a timly manner, but the point is when it starts to cost paying customers perk points and other points just so their game can look neat I think it sucks.

I believe in the old saying " if the wheel does not squeak nobody greases it."

In other words "They will not fix these bugs that cost us points & perks until enough of us complain."

If you feel I am wrong tell me.

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 02:59:38 PM »
hey... its part of the game... just laugh at it :D

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 03:36:30 PM »
I'll check into this.  Thank you for posting the fields in question, it is appreciated.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 03:55:54 PM »
skuzzy hes talkin bout the V Bases in the middle of the map cant name all of them off the top of my head but heres the ones i do know V88 V89 V103 V104 its like all the bases have 1 suppy road they go to a base like its ganna get supplied passes right though the suppie building thought the radar past the fuel bunkers and keep goin on to the next base it is kanda confusing when ur shooting and the convoy thinking its the enemys and its really urs.

Offline SPECTRE304

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 04:19:02 PM »
Originally posted by FDutchmn
hey... its part of the game... just laugh at it :D

How would you flyboys feel if out of the blue a cloud came along, crashed into you,  and you lost your kills and perk point.  Would it still be a part of the game?

Sure it is just a game but they try for realisim on so many things but have some dumb thing like this happen.

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004, 04:32:58 PM »
still just a game my man... take it light :)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2004, 05:59:06 PM »
Corrected on ozkansas.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline SPECTRE304

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004, 06:14:25 PM »
Thanks alot.  Way to go Skuzzy.

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 07:41:33 PM »
with all great games on the internet, there will be bugs. there is alot more moving parts that the HT crew have to deal with than what we see. believe me, they have their priorities straight. its rough to lose perks for simple things, believe me i know. just keep a cool head and report it.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2004, 08:22:17 PM »
Originally posted by SPECTRE304
How would you flyboys feel if out of the blue a cloud came along, crashed into you,  and you lost your kills and perk point.  Would it still be a part of the game?

Sure it is just a game but they try for realisim on so many things but have some dumb thing like this happen.

How would I feel??  I'd fall out of my chair laughin my butt off.  Same as I'd do if I saw you get cow-tipped by some good ole boys just out havin fun and drinkin in their army surplus trucks.  You need to trade in your sense of humor, its broken.  If you werent a darned ole point-hooer in the first dang place, you wouldnt care either.  :rolleyes:

Offline SPECTRE304

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2004, 05:53:41 AM »
Originally posted by StarOfAfrica2
How would I feel??  I'd fall out of my chair laughin my butt off.  Same as I'd do if I saw you get cow-tipped by some good ole boys just out havin fun and drinkin in their army surplus trucks.  You need to trade in your sense of humor, its broken.  If you werent a darned ole point-hooer in the first dang place, you wouldnt care either.  :rolleyes:

You seem to get your amusement at the expense of someone elses misfortune.
That is a broken sense of humor.:(

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2004, 11:21:10 PM »
I get amusement out of life.  Its not fair, most of the time it truly sucks, and if you cant find ways to laugh at the more ludicrous moments it will drive you bonkers.  I get mad, I lose my temper, and heck I've put my foot in my mouth more times than I can remember.  I'm human.  I make fun of myself just as much if not more than I do anyone else, if only because I give myself more material to work with.  I'm sorry if you got offended.  I do that.  But if you cant see the humor in a grown man getting bent out of shape because his TANK got tipped over by a TRUCK ........... IN A GAME .......... I think there's room for argument on who has the broken sense of humor.

And by the way, your original question (which I figured out was rhetorical without your help thanks) was how would I feel in the situation you described if it happened to ME.  How is that laughing at someone else's misfortune?

Offline SPECTRE304

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2004, 08:27:47 AM »
Originally posted by StarOfAfrica2
SNIP
And by the way, your original question (which I figured out was rhetorical without your help thanks) was how would I feel in the situation you described if it happened to ME.  How is that laughing at someone else's misfortune?

I am sorry I did not direct that directly at you.  I asked "How would you flyboys feel if out of the blue a cloud came along, crashed into you, and you lost your kills and perk point. Would it still be a part of the game? "

As far as laughing at someone else'e misfortune that was directed at your comment "Same as I'd do if I saw you get cow-tipped by some good ole boys just out havin fun and drinkin in their army surplus trucks."

I guess some of you are missing the point here. True it is just a game. But we pay to play this game.  I am a disabled and on a fixed income.  It is one of my few things I can afford to do.   There is a bug in this program that creates an unfair hazard to some players and I was just reporting it.  I called tech support and they tell me to put it on the bulliten board.