Author Topic: Training  (Read 925 times)

Offline indian

• Copper Member
Training
« on: March 14, 2000, 09:59:00 AM »
This is for the new guys. There are trainers here to help you come up to speed in Aces High. We all have our strong points. If you are new to Aces High just make a new post here and tell us the time you can be online and someone should be able to meet you.

I am in the central time zone. Roger Wilco is a plus easier to talk to you them type.

For you former WarBird type we can help you adjust to the gunnery your flying will adjust quickly. Beware you may not be able to go back to WarBirds after you get used to this one. So if you need a drone give us a holler.
Were only here for three months so we wont get swollen heads from egos either. HeHeHeHe  

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
  1st Aces High Trainer Crew
Home of The Allied Fighter Wing A.F.W.
A.F.W. Homepage

Offline Ash

• Zinc Member
Training
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2000, 10:26:00 AM »
Perfect timing for your post indian " ". I'm an ol'WB'dr here and am having one helluva time with the 109s. Who would be a person to get in touch with to "tune" me in, give me the scoops on the AC pros and cons, and help me with my gunnery ... whew, long list!

Thanks in advance,

Ash
aka -scot- <WB>

Offline indian

• Copper Member
Training
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2000, 12:34:00 PM »
Ash first thing is to set your views in the game. My computer locks the keyboard everytime I do this so I do it offline first. Ill find out which of the trainers are good in the 109 I can fly it but by no means an expert.

Ammo trajectory plays a big factor in this game you cant just think you are lined up and shoot you have to lead like a shot gun. Bullets fall and normally fall close to the convergence.(shortly there after). Get one of the trainers up in the training arena we will play drone for you and add acm as you get used to shooting at us, you know like easy turns at first then start to realy move the controls. Might even help you get used to SA if two of us are up.

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
A.F.W. Homepage

Offline rickod

• Copper Member
Training
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2000, 01:16:00 PM »
Indian I will be on at 8pm cst I need some help with views I think I locked my down view to looking back over shoulder

also just general acm and gunnery
by the way Im also a Wb junkie gone straight

Offline Ash

• Zinc Member
Training
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2000, 01:33:00 PM »
Indain,

Thanks, I think I'm pretty settled on the views issue, but definitely need to figure out the gunnery, and relearn ACM. I flew AH in early beta ( up to .48 ), coming back in 1.01 is a whole new animal  .
    I've got that excitement about flying again that I had lost. Hope to see you up in the TA.

Thanks,
          Ash

Offline indian

• Copper Member
Training
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2000, 12:01:00 AM »
Rickod Im an evening worker so If you can meet me in the mornings. Then thats fine post a time and all be there. If not grab another trainer all you have to do is ask in the main if no one is in the training arena.

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
A.F.W. Homepage