Author Topic: Bogus damage model  (Read 1094 times)

Offline bcee

• Copper Member
Bogus damage model
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2004, 03:06:09 PM »
AMEN!!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Bogus damage model
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2004, 03:40:14 PM »
Originally posted by VWE
I'm sorry, I'm not whining... I didn't know raming was actually a feature but I do stand corrected, carry on.

I don't know if you meant this to, but it comes off as snide.

The fact is that if both participants in the collision on one FE went down ramming would be a "feature" of the game, and there would be very little any of us could do to avoid being rammed by somebody who wanted to do so.

You see, you'd watch him fly 200 yards behind you on yur FE and then you're back in the tower,  And 200 yards is with two fairly good connections.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Bogus damage model
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2004, 04:42:33 PM »
The uncertainty and frustration of not knowing who would die, is exactly what the system is intended for. People aren't afraid of deaths in a game, but they are afraid of uncertainties.

Therefore, people try to avoid going that close to an enemy plane entirely.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Bogus damage model
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2004, 05:58:35 PM »
BTW, just try to ram someone, see what happens.  Trying to "ram" someone so thay take damage and you don't is next to immpossible.  Try it, see if you can.

eskimo

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Bogus damage model
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2004, 06:27:10 AM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
BTW, just try to ram someone, see what happens.  Trying to "ram" someone so thay take damage and you don't is next to immpossible.  Try it, see if you can.

This is such a cool challenge.  I've rammed so many people by accident that it would figure that I couldn't do it on purpose.

- oldman

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Bogus damage model
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2004, 07:28:30 AM »
I believe the actual challenge suggested is to do it without taking damage, however. I think i'll pass. :D