Author Topic: C47 Supply Drops - How do you target load?  (Read 734 times)

Offline daloon

• Zinc Member
C47 Supply Drops - How do you target load?
« on: December 05, 2001, 11:02:00 AM »
I tryed a C47 supply mission.  When it was time to drop the load I discovered I did not know how to target the drop.  There was no bomb site available!  What do you do to target (see) below the plane?

Offline Zaphod

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2001, 11:25:00 AM »
Originally posted by daloon:
I tryed a C47 supply mission.  When it was time to drop the load I discovered I did not know how to target the drop.  There was no bomb site available!  What do you do to target (see) below the plane?

I generally go to the external view available to bomber types (F3).  I then can view the goon from the top to see when I'm coming over the target.  I usually drop troops/supplies just as my nose is coming over the target.  You can practice this off line to fine tune where you want to drop troops.

Zap

Offline Pinner

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2001, 12:32:00 PM »
Originally posted by daloon:

For resupply missions, you dont need to have pinpoint accuracy, close is good enough. I think anything within 1 mile will get resupplied. Since most resupplies are done fairly low (ie-1k AGL), if you just fly over the airfield and kick out the supplies you should be OK.

Offline Betown

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ecomm-net.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2001, 02:56:00 AM »
With Troops it's more of a tactical and time eliment. If you drop the troops off target then they are going to take more time to reach the maproom/building and because of this expose them to more danger and possible anhalation. The best way by far is to drop your troops at as close to 1000ft as possible and if you can do this while flying a tight loop around the area they are gonna pretty much be more contained than if you do drop them in a huge line.

This is my advice  :)

BT