Author Topic: Unofficial Aircraft/Vehicle/Weapon System Request Thread  (Read 1069 times)

Offline sullie363

• Nickel Member
      • Birds of Prey
Unofficial Aircraft/Vehicle/Weapon System Request Thread
« on: October 16, 2004, 02:08:15 PM »
I would like this thread to follow some basic rules.  My idea is that this is where somebody could make one post on an aircraft/vehicle/weapon system they would like to see in the game.  Please do not respond to what anybody else has posted.  Leave it up to HTC whether a person's claim is valid or not.  The only posts that should be made are new proposals.  When you do post please include a picture with basic specs.  Also make your case for why you think it would be a good addition and whether it should be perked or not.  Lets make this a good place for HTC to come check for new proposals without having to sift through dozens of posts.  I'll make the first post as a general template to follow in the future.

Dornier Do 335 'Pfeil'

Type: Single-seat fighter-bomber

Powerplant: Two Daimler-Benz DB603E-1 12-cylinder inverted-vee liquid cooled engines in push-pull arrangement - each rated at 1,800 hp for take-off.

Armament: One 30 mm MK103 cannon with 70 rounds, firing through the front propeller hub, and two 15 mm MG151/15 cannon with 200 r.p.g. above the nose, plus one 1,102 lb (500 kg) bomb or two 551 lb (250 kg) bombs internally and 551 lb (250 kg) bombs on underwing racks.

Performance: Max speed 474 mph (763 km/h) at 21, 325 ft (6,500 m); Max cruising speed 426 mph (685 km/h) at 23,360 ft (7,100 m); Economical cruising speed 281 mph (552 km/h) at 19,685 ft (6000 m); Range on internal fuel at max continuous power 867 miles (1400 km), at economical cruise power 1,280 miles (2050 km); Time to 3,280 ft (1000 m) 55 sec, to 26,245 ft (8000 m) 14.5 min; Service ceiling 37,400 ft (11,400 m).

Weights: Empty equipped 16,005 lb (7,260 kg); Normal loaded 21,165 lb (9,600 kg).

Dimensions: Span 45 ft 3.3 in (13.8 m); Length 45 ft 5.25 in (13.85 m); Height 16 ft 4.8 in (5.0 m): Wing area 414.411 sq ft (38.5 sq m).

Certainly a perk bird.  It may of been a big one, but its limited service brought great success.  It also stands out in a crowd.  I would see this plane finding its place at high altitude, while high speed attack missions have their appeal also.  It would be the fastest thing in the sky with internal bomb loads.  I think that's its combination of high performance, versatility, and simple uniqueness make it a prime candidate to be added to the game.

Information Source: http://www.aeroflight.co.uk/profile/d335top.htm
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 08:46:03 PM by sullie363 »
Birds of Prey Raptors
Birds of Prey Film Making Team
Birds of Prey Trainer Corps

<S> PaulB

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 07:54:31 PM »
It's only speculation that this plane saw any operational combat service as there are no records to show that they did.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 09:06:55 PM »
Napalm  :)
Rafe35
Former member of VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"

Offline sullie363

• Nickel Member
      • Birds of Prey
B-25H Mitchell
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 09:18:06 PM »

North American B-25H Specifications
(as delivered in 1943)

Length
 51 ft. 4 in.

Height
 15 ft. 9 in.

Wingspan
 67 ft. 7 in.

Wing Area
 610 sq. ft.

Empty Weight
 19,600 lbs.

Maximum Weight
 35,000 lbs.

Normal Fuel Capacity
 974 gal.

Maximum Speed
 275 mph at 13,000 ft.

Climb Rate
 967 fpm.

Service Ceiling
 23,800 ft.

Range
 1,350 with 3,000 lbs. Bombs

Powerplant
 Two Wright R-2600-13 Cyclone 14 radial engines (14-cylinder, twin-row, air-cooled, turbosupercharged) rated at 1,700 hp at 2,500 rpm at sea level.

Armament
 One 75 mm cannon in nose, four .50 cal. guns in nose, four .50 cal. blister guns on forward fuselage, two .50 cal. guns in top turret, two .50 cal. guns at waist stations, and two .50 cal. guns in tail turret.

Crew
 Pilot, navigator/cannoneer, engineer/gunner, radio operator/gunner, and tail gunner

I'm being very specific about this.  This is a pure attack plane, no questions about it.  The lack of a bomb sight and presence of a 75mm cannon in the nose make this apparent.  This plane would operate in the same way the A-20 does, without a formation and scored as a bomber or attack.  The B-25 in general was the most prolific medium bomber of the war and it seems odd that at least one of its versions aren't represented in the game.  The reason I present this version is because the B-26 would be too similar to the conventional level bomber B-25.  I'm not certain whether this should be perked or not.  While the 75mm gun could obviously cause many problems for GVs, lots of things in the game already do that.  There are already plenty of planes in the game that can take out a tank in one pass with guns, to say nothing about rockets.  Also the plane's size and slower speed would make an easier target for GVs.  Also the slow rate of fire of the cannon would allow for perhaps only one shot per pass.  It's something I would like to see in the game and I think its achievements during the war have earned it a place.

Information Source: http://www.airventuremuseum.org/collection/aircraft/North%20American%20B-25H%20Mitchell%20Specifications.asp
Birds of Prey Raptors

<S> PaulB

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 01:03:09 AM »

The first B-25Hs arrived in the FEAF in February of 1944, entering service with the 498th Squadron. The B-25H carried the extraordinarily potent armament of fourteen 0.50 inch machine guns and a 75-mm cannon, and could also carry up to 3200 pounds of bombs or a 2000-pound torpedo. The cannon carried by the B-25H was bore-sighted at 1000 yards and was generally fired at altitudes from 1000 feet at the beginning an attack to 500 feet at the end. The sighting was done with the N-6A sight, and the guns were fired by the pilot, there being no bombardier or copilot aboard. During an attack, cannon fire was usually opened at 2000 yards, with an average of three rounds being fired by the time the aircraft closed to 1000 yards.

Combat sorties confirmed that the cannon-armed B-25H offered no particular advantage over specially-adapted strafers armed exclusively with machine guns. At this stage in the war, targets specifically suited for cannon attack were relatively few and far between, and many targets that were vulnerable to the cannon were also vulnerable to a battery of 0.50-inch machine guns or to bombs. Consequently, the use of the heavy cannon was generally abandoned in the South-West Pacific by August of 1944.

In September, the B-25Hs were either passed along to the 38th Bombardment Group (which was already operating B-25Gs) or returned to depots. Unlike most other groups, the 38th Bombardment Group actually welcomed the H model.

24 B-25Hs were taken on strength by the 11th Bombardment Squadron of the Fourteenth Air Force for interdiction work in China in early 1944. They were first employed on river sweeps. In November the 11th Squadron received a few examples of the new APG-13A radar ranging equipment for use with the 75-mm cannon. This enabled the precise range to a target to be determined at all times during an attacking run, making precise aiming much simpler. This equipment was operated by the navigator, and was installed in B-25Hs 43-4584, 4071,4924, 4989, and 4601.

The last B-25H was accepted in July of 1944. In China the 341st Bombardment Group received B-25Hs in 1945, some of them serving there until the end of the war. The 1st Air Commando Group assigned to Burma was also provided with the B-25H.

I do admit that I enjoyed flying this plane in WB but do we really need something like this other than for novelty sake?

Source

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2004, 10:06:47 AM »
Well obviously HT & Pyro don't think so or we'd have it already.

But then I'm suprised its taken 4 years to get a b24 also.

Personally I loved flying the Big H in brand W.  Suspect it would be an awesome GV killer.  Along with its intended maritime suppression role.

The "H" IMO should NOT have a formation option.

But I can see me flying coastlines in it looking for barges, & other targets to hunt.

But then I want the black Cat PBY's too!

Offline sullie363

• Nickel Member
      • Birds of Prey
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2004, 06:07:48 PM »
Great job guys, the entire purpose of this thread has been defeated.  I guess the idea of following simple directions is beyond us humans.  Perhaps I'll try this again later.

The concept is clear right?  To have a thread with ONLY proposals, HTC is much more likely to look it over as opposed to a normal thread filled with random crap which I'm sure they don't pay much, if any, attention to.
Birds of Prey Raptors

<S> PaulB

Offline gnubee

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2004, 09:40:47 PM »
Hey all....
Personally, I'd like to see some new British planes like the Westland Whirlwind or the Bristol Beaufighter.

Now I realize that the Mossie and bf110 pretty much already fill these roles in the game, but I'd still like to see them make an appearance.

A big:) to the AH community, I can't wait to get in those sky's again.

-Scott 'gnubee' Bell

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2004, 09:54:57 AM »
Sullie,

Excuse me sir, but who died & put you in control?

BBS's are about the free exchange of information, ideas, thoughts, etc.

As for trying to figure out why HT reads this thread but not that one, I have a clue for you.

He probably reads them all at some point.

What he choses to respond to is a whole nother ball game.

Offline sullie363

• Nickel Member
      • Birds of Prey
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2004, 10:45:31 AM »
Just attempting something other then the norm.  If you wanted to go and discuss things as usual then just go start your own thread and respect the simple wishes laid out at the start of this thread.  K, i'm letting this die now.
Birds of Prey Raptors

<S> PaulB

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2004, 12:15:09 PM »
I don't see hijacking threads as helping the free exchange of information and ideas.  He made a simple respectful request regarding one particular thread, not the whole board.  It's not a personal affront.

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2004, 01:33:25 PM »
panzer crakers on the Stuka..for gods sake...Let Rudels name ring in the panzer and tiger ears

yes PANZERCRAKERS!!!!!

STUka BABY:)

Offline Tails

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2004, 06:53:26 PM »
Supa Stuka!!

Too bad the overly vocal panzer and tigger drivers wont let it be.
BBTT KTLI KDRU HGQK GDKA SODA HMQP ACES KQTP TLZF LKHQ JAWS SMZJ IDDS RLLS CHAV JEUS BDLI WFJH WQZQ FTXM WUTL KH

(Yup, foxy got an Enigma to play with)

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2004, 06:27:44 AM »
First of all I'd like to se Brewster and I-15 / I-16 series fighters.

But some reason I've always liked this one and it would be nice addition with some other early war planes:

I am a spy!

Offline Scrap

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2004, 11:25:45 AM »
JU188!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!