Author Topic: Something about E-Fighting  (Read 4186 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Something about E-Fighting
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2001, 04:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kweassa:
Oh, and I heard of this nifty saying on E-fighting from my mentor     :)

- thx a lot Sifu, I still remember this one.

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Kweassa ]

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Kweassa ]

Actually have a great clip of you vs me (F6 vd G10)...that illustrates exactly the point...must be 7-10 passes as you wore me down to deck from mid-alt...finally was at a point where I either gambled a bit or was down at wave top. If I remember correctly I had 2 new cons reach Icon range and tried to set up a snap shot...was a risky move and you drilled me from about 50 yds (meters??).

Anyway shows exactly the issues facing a lower E plane caught with less potential energy...the dreaded double negative puts the entire fight in the hands of the E/B&Z fighter....he'll control the fight unless he makes a mistake or you attempt to force a true misque...anyway happy to look for it if anyone's interested

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Terror

• Nickel Member
      • http://walden.mo.net/~aedwards
Something about E-Fighting
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2001, 11:43:00 AM »
Originally posted by -ammo-:

try this instead. When you dive on the low spit, if you dont hit him don't pull hard back into a zoom immediately. Instead level out and continue to fly past him and *gradually* pull back on the stick to recover your altitude. You will not lose the energy you stored in the speed from your diving pass, and you can gain darn near every ounce of your altitude back (depending on how far down you had to dive to attack the spit). A good pilot can make you overshoot and its hard to avoid this, but doing what I have described will foil any chance he had at gaining a shot oppertunity from that overshoot.

Gluck!

ammo

This breaks one of the cardinal rules of air combat:  NEVER overfly your target!  This gives your target an opportunity to take a shot at you.  Even though it is a short duration of time, it is still a chance to put bullets into your soft body.  My recommendation is to use low G pulls.  A 2-3G pullup should keep you out of a gun solution, unless the target pulls harder G to get a shot on you, which eats more of his energy.  I have surprised more than one "boomer" who leveled off and gave me a shot at him.  A good burst of my six .50s and poof, kill for me!!  (I fly the F4u-1 mostly.)

Most important skill of E-Fighting: Gunnery.  Why do you think Fester is such an amazing fighter?  He has untouchable gunnery skillz.  If he gets a shot at you...You are DEAD!

Good Luck!
Terror