Author Topic: Out of the box suggestion  (Read 279 times)

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Out of the box suggestion
« on: October 19, 2004, 09:22:34 PM »
How about 2 arenas - 1 appeals to people who fly less than 50 hours a month, 1 appeals to folks who fly more than 50 hours a month.  50 hours is pulled out of the air, but I don't see a game tailored for 150 hour players is going to appeal to 30 hour players.

No one  (EQ, AC, TC etc.) does this, and I suspect no one ever will.

Offline thebest1

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 09:33:16 PM »
y?

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 09:36:59 PM »
Back with the foam peanuts you go.

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 09:40:19 PM »
hey don't make fun of my packaging...

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 09:47:45 PM »
Sorry, I couldnt resist.  I see what you are getting at considering the 'Hours' thread, but there are pleanty alternative MA suggestions out there (some I like).  Aint gonna happen though.  Kinda like there wont be a second sunday morning service as long as the first has empty seats.

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 10:02:36 PM »
I get your point, and in AH, filling seats might be an issue. But in games like EQ or AC, filling seats is not a problem. Yet even those games seem oblivious to the different game habits of users. There is no way a game server or version that keeps the interest of a power gamer (5+ hours a day) is going to keep the interest of an hour a day player. And yet, the game designers seem to cater to the power gamer crowd, even though most have set rate monthly suscriptions that don't require addicting or hooking players for hours to make money.

I don't get, but I'm not a game designer. To some, flying 15 minutes to a fight may be no problem if they're on for 5 hours. If you're on for an hour, its 1/4 of your playing time.

But I do stress, AH is not unique in this. I just don't understand it.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2004, 11:31:57 PM »
Nah, EQ kept my interest for a couple years, and I was never a "power gamer".. I lost interest just because I'd been doing the same stuff for two years, not because I couldn't play long enough to "compete".

I honestly don't think it is nescesary, especially for a game like AH.  I suppose for a game like EQ, where how good your character is is a direct function of how long and how often you play it could be useful... but AH doesn't have that direct correlation.

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2004, 12:08:10 AM »
I guess you're right - there are work arounds (country hopping).  Had a fun half hour over a8, nice furball/base defense. But if I was limited to one country, knits eny was 14 so I'd have had less fun - probably been in a d9 looking for bombers :)