Author Topic: The art of scissors.. or the ZEN way to get the Oversh(I)oot  (Read 835 times)

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
Been lying in quite a few ladder duells lately and gotta say these usually end up with scissors, either flat, climbing or in the vertical ..

for some reason i always end up out front even tho i chop throttle and pop flaps when necessary (or at least it seems necessary .. just to get toldby my opponent that he did neither or just reduce throttle a bit.

I therfore think i'm either timing the reversal not right or make some other mistakes..

PLEASE enlighten me on WHEN and HOW to reverse in a scissors!

Thanks a Bunch
DW6

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
The art of scissors.. or the ZEN way to get the Oversh(I)oot
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2000, 06:10:00 PM »
I'd guess you have one of two possible problems...

1) your really not in a scissors, i.e. your opponent is already well behind your "3 to 9" line and is manuevering in a semi tracking mode

2) your moving in a flat plane while he is yoyoing on you...rolling scissors vs flat scissors I guess is how you'd describe it. If he is still able to operate in the vertical and your not/can't then your toast.

It's possible he's denying you the overshoot and your thinking "scissors" meanwhile he's quarter rolled and gone up.

A scissors fight can only happen if the higher E con overshoots it's target. If the opponent doesn't cross your wingline you can't reverse into him.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson