Author Topic: AG unuseful payload  (Read 1031 times)

Offline axe

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Fortress/4654/
AG unuseful payload
« on: March 30, 2000, 12:40:00 AM »
I think AG payload is totally unuseful in AH fighters..cause it's impossible to hit almost anything..also a Big airfield Tower..
So or HT will change something in the aim & hit or better to erase bombs & rockets from hangars..!
AXE..

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
AG unuseful payload
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2000, 12:58:00 AM »
I saw Ted Shred in the TA a few weeks back perfecting jaboing acks with the P38 (no damage to his plane that I could see), and rocketing the tower.  Perhaps he could offer a few pointers?

Offline tshred

• Copper Member
AG unuseful payload
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2000, 01:26:00 PM »
Dinger means me, and yes he is correct, you can hit the acks with bombs. Sometimes you get hit, but you can do it without getting hit also. Fatty I beleive has a video you can watch of him doing it in a F4U. I think it is posted on Lephturns training pages. I have done it in F4U, P51 and P38.

The best way is to dive on acks from 80-90 degrees above, with about 4k of alt above maximum ack height (around 12-14k fields at ground level, adjust for field on plateau). Keep center of gunsight(I have a dot in center) STEADY on target as long as possible, release bomb about 4 to 5k and begin gradual zoom climb pull out with a slight turn, regain alt and do it again. Then you have rockets left, and around 5 of them will take out the tower, or aprox. 4 each for rest of targets. I have found that about a 30-45 degree attack angle and release a salvo of rockets when target fills gunsight will take out a couple more targets(2 salvo's of 4 or 5). Practice, practice and lots more practice and a little luck and you can do it! A flight of 2 or 3 hvy fighters attacking at once will really confuse the ack and insure greater success.

ts

funked

AG unuseful payload
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2000, 06:17:00 PM »
The blast radius of the bombs should probably be bigger.

Just keep practicing until they get around to fixing it.

Offline axe

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Fortress/4654/
AG unuseful payload
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2000, 11:59:00 AM »
Thank you very much for Ag delivery lesson,
I'll try to practice it.
But in the meantime i repeat my impression:
It is much more diffcult in AH to hit ground Targets than in real WWII fighters....

funked

AG unuseful payload
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2000, 07:57:00 PM »
I repeat my statement:  The blast radius of the bombs should probably be bigger.

Offline Wraith

• Zinc Member
AG unuseful payload
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2000, 08:29:00 PM »
What blast radius? HT doesn't want the sheep harmed! Just imagine the sheep on the airfield running around naked after the bombs rip their wool out!

*stands by funked*

YES! We NEED blast effects!

In RL a bomb blast does as much damage as the impact of the bomb itself. Remember the Gulf War? When they showed a bomb falling on a bridge, and a car whizzing by the bridge 3 seconds before it blew up? They called the driver of that car "the luckiest man in Bagdhdad"... of course, they didnt say that the 1500 laser bomb's blast threw his car nearly a block away, killing the lucky SOB. So yes, they bomb didn't kill him, the blast did.

'nuff rambling...  
-\/\/R/-\IT|-|

"The only two things that fall from the sky is manna from heaven, and your plane."

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
AG unuseful payload
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2000, 08:51:00 PM »
Yeah, it can be done.  I'd made the film posted on Lephturn's page a while back, when I first started trying jabo.  When the debate got heated again, I got bored one afternoon and made additional films of taking out both ack on a small field in a spit, a p51, and a p38.  The blast radius is probably too small, but I don't think that's a problem, I still hit better than 50%, and I think that's good enough to expect.

If interested films can be found at link below.

------------------
Fatty
FAT DRUNK BASTARDS