Author Topic: Yippee! The Yankees Lost!  (Read 125 times)

Offline 2stony

• Silver Member
Yippee! The Yankees Lost!
« on: October 22, 2004, 02:54:54 PM »
If there's any other posts related to this one, oh well.

First off, let me say that the Yankees have good/great ball players and a great team. But........

I absolutely hate the Yankees and it's even more sweet that Boston beat them. I don't like the Yankee fans and I dislike George even more. He pisses me off because year after year he just opens his pocket book and buys what player(s) he needs. He is a poster child for a salary cap in baseball.

I was almost hoping that the Yankees would beat Boston in hopes that they would lose their third World Series in a row. But, being beaten by Boston(actually, the Yankees choaked), it's that much more sweet.

Yankee fans feel free to respond.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 04:46:22 PM »
Just because George has the cajones to actually spend some of the millions of dollars that his team generates instead of lining his pockets like most other owners is no reason to hate him.  Dont let the owners who cry about losing money every year fool you.  None of them are losing ****.  If they were they wouldnt be the owner of the team.

Offline 2stony

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 04:59:19 PM »
I still think that a salary cap should be instilled in baseball no matter what George is doing.
     The funny thing about game 7 was is that I don't remember the cameras showing George in his private box. I would have loved to have seen the look on his face as the Yankees were be dealt their bellybutton woopin by Boston.

:rofl

Offline Dnil

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 05:01:57 PM »
This just in, man rides horse and warns of british advance!!