Author Topic: New pilot needs some training  (Read 825 times)

Wyrm

New pilot needs some training
« on: April 01, 2000, 02:17:00 AM »
I am a Fighter Ace vet whos been interested in this game and would like to make the transition...this game is very different. I need someone with patience who would be willing to help .... I have Roger Wilco and Battlecom.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2000, 07:31:00 AM »
Hiya Wyrm,

Welcome to AH!

We have some trainers who hang around the Training Arena from time to time.  Just go there and look at the roster for someone from the "Aces High Training Corps".  Give him a shout on the radio, and he will help you out, or set up another time to meet you.

If you want to set up a time in advance, post your prefered times here, and one of the trainers will respond.  Or, send me an email, and I'll get back to you.

ellinger@umich.edu

Cya up there.    

popeye

AH Trainer

[This message has been edited by popeye (edited 04-01-2000).]
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2000, 08:44:00 AM »
Wyrm;

I'll second that, "Welcome to AcesHigh!".

If you need help go to the Training Arena.  AcesHigh has trainers, like Popeye and myself, that will often drop in there.  

If no trainers are in the Training Arena, go to the Main Arena and give a shout.  Many times you can drag one over to the Training Arena to answer your questions and help you get started.

Good Luck and Have Fun!  

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

Offline indian

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2000, 09:11:00 AM »
Welcome to Aces High. As they said go to the Training arena, also post the times you are normally on line this will help to have a trainer look in to see if anyone is there.

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
  1st Aces High Trainer Corps.
Home of The Allied Fighter Wing A.F.W.
A.F.W. Homepage

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2000, 12:58:00 PM »
More aptly put, welcome to the meat grinder .

Once you get a feel for the FM and gunnery it'll transition quickly, but those 1st few weeks aren't fun. You'll almost always find someone up in TA or main arena willing to help.

I stop in to the TA every day (almost) for at least a few minutes. I'll always head over to the TA on request if I'm up in the MA.

Welcome aboard, trust me the initial aggrevation will be well rewarded. This is the best FM and community combo online (IMO).

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson