Author Topic: flying problems...  (Read 809 times)

Offline saintofsex

• Zinc Member
flying problems...
« on: December 13, 2001, 02:13:00 PM »
right, i have two problems which i think are due to my lameness.
firstly, i can rarely get auto pilot to work in any aircraft. i push the button and then i jump to the left, then wobble around a bit b4 going back to where i was b4 i attempted autopilot. i tried making sure i am steady, i tried reducing/increasing my speed and it still fails. am i doing something wrong? or is this part of the realism?

secondly, i use a mouse cos i am too tight to get a joystick and i cant pull up very much. everytime i try to pull up i get that annoying stall buzzing thing. i can pull up a bit but i have read of ppl doing loops and stuff and i cant even get the plane more than 15 degrees. (im talking bout spit, p51 and some others but i canna remember name).
am i doing something wrong? or have i not configured it properly?

any help would be much appreciated, cheers.

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: sos ]

Offline FirstBorg

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.newanims.de.vu
flying problems...
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2001, 02:51:00 PM »
1. Dont move your joystick(mouse) while autopilot is on, or else autopilot will shut down.

2. You have to look for your speed. With low speed you can only turn very badly. A loop is possible at around 300 mph.
To avoid stalls dont pull very hard.

Offline Lazerus

• Gold Member
flying problems...
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2001, 03:20:00 PM »
If the mouse isnt centered when you hit auto pilot it will act as if you are pushing you stick to one side, which will disengage autopilot. Try right clicking the mouse before engaging. It's been a long while but I think thats what centered it for me. Suggestion #2...buy a stick. A cheap one is still better than a mouse, but to enjoy the game you should come off a little bit of loot. $50 should get you a decent one.

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
flying problems...
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2001, 03:31:00 PM »
The "annoying" sound you are hereing is the "stall horn", you are loosing altitude and also loosing the grip that the air has on your wings (thus loosing lift). When you here it, back off on the elevator, and or rudder.

Also do you self a favor, even if you have to save you cash for a while and buy a stick. I played with a mouse for a few days, the game is 100 times better with a stick, no exageration either.