Author Topic: to Morpheus  (Read 841 times)

Offline KurtVW

• Copper Member
to Morpheus
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2004, 09:12:55 PM »
Originally posted by streetstang
what the hell is wrong with this kids face?

He got so freakin pissed off that he burst a blood vessal... Thats one intense kid, I've met him...

I think he goes by 'G*tsome'... Or something...

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
to Morpheus
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2004, 10:52:53 PM »
The yankees think about getting paid before they step on the field. Thats why they lost. Its a shame. But thats the way it is.

I Can't disagree more, the Yankees are the by far highest paid team in baseball. But dont sit back and tell me that the likes of Jeter, Rivera, Posada, Williams, Cairo, Matsui and some others play that way. We are talking mostly about men, and I don't care how much your paid your natural instinct is to win. We may be the Evil Empire, but we are instilled at winning, and most "we dont care win attitude players" are ejected as Brown will be this year. And with all  due respect;
 If this just your opinion state it as such. These words would never of been uttered if the Yanks won the ALCS.
Granted there are a small few who I believe in my opinion think that way, ala A-rod and Lofton.
Go Yankees
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline zabe

• Zinc Member
to Morpheus
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2004, 10:07:25 AM »
Not true... And makes absolutly no sense.

BTW- I am a Yankees lover by birth, and I still disagree with this. For what thats worth.

I could go on and on as to why what you said is wrong but I honestly dont care.

The sox won last night because they had a better team. They were a team. The yankees, well they are the Yankees. I'm not going to start disliking the yankees because of Gayrod. Or a number of other idiots on that team.

At game 4, with the yankees... It was in their eyes (The Red Sox). The new they could win, and they did. It was at game 6 when I started chanting go Red Sox while getting punched by a number of my drinking buddies. Game 7... The entire bar was chearing for the Red Sox. This is the kind of power, this team, this year, had. They showed you that they wanted to just play ball and win. And they did. Not to mention that they were just fun to watch. The yankees think about getting paid before they step on the field. Thats why they lost. Its a shame. But thats the way it is.

Thank you Morp...
This post was a response to you're boasting of moving on to the world series before the Yankees even played game 4.  As a life long New Englander that got under my skin (although every other time you've won  ).  

It was rewarding to see Boston suck it up and sweep the next 8 games of the ACLS and worldseries.  In my mind the coaches management of the pitching staff coupled with the rain delayed game giving no rest to pitchers is what gave Boston the edge they needed.  And the long inning games expanded that edge due to Bostons better long relievers.

The world series was anti climatic after NY vs BOS.

The worst part is that we have several key players who will hit the open market this year.  It will kill me to see Pedro or Lowe in a NY uniform!  We only have 35 K seating capacity vs your 58 k so you can allways out spend us if you want to. 125 M vs 183 M this year.

Now I go back to watching the Patriots once a week.

ZABE

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
to Morpheus
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2004, 10:24:35 AM »
Originally posted by TW9
bah reg season doesnt mean crap..

You are such a hypocrite.  You know dang well what I am talking about.  I used this same line and you shot it down.  NOW, you plagerize to suit your own needs, you are sad.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline streetstang

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
to Morpheus
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2004, 11:08:00 AM »
Hey Doobs, can you tell me... Wait, can you show me that the majority of what you said is fact rather than opinion?

Everything you said, hasn't a single fact in it. Its what you beleive to be true. Just like I beleive that the majority of the players in NY go there to get paid. Sure they like to play ball, but would they be there if they got say... 100k a year? I doubt it. Or even 75K.

The yanks were up 3 games to none... They had 4 chances to win... The blew all 4 miserably... Then you have Gayrod... Whome I wont even go into any further about. Hes just a loser and doesnt deserve to wear the pin stripes. Jeter, he is a great fielder, but he sucks at the plate. And altho he is still a great fielder, his prime is passing. I could go on and on. But with you, I see it would make no sense to do so.

And Zabe...

This post was a response to you're boasting of moving on to the world series before the Yankees even played game 4.

If I am a Yankees fan, should I have been saying... "Go Red Sox" instead? I dont think I was boasting about them moving onto the world series at all... I mean it doesnt take a complete idiot to see that. Simple suport is all. Get real man.

But again, Even tho I think the yankees right now are a disgrace as far as a team goes, they are still my team... I wont be chearing for the red sox like most will be next season.

Offline zabe

• Zinc Member
to Morpheus
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2004, 11:42:28 PM »
And Zabe...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This post was a response to you're boasting of moving on to the world series before the Yankees even played game 4.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I am a Yankees fan, should I have been saying... "Go Red Sox" instead? I dont think I was boasting about them moving onto the world series at all... I mean it doesnt take a complete idiot to see that. Simple suport is all. Get real man.

But again, Even tho I think the yankees right now are a disgrace as far as a team goes, they are still my team... I wont be chearing for the red sox like most will be next season.

Whatever Morp!  I waited till we put up before I spoke.  

zabe

Offline streetstang

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
to Morpheus
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2004, 07:19:58 AM »
I'm sorry.

I'll go slit my wrists now.

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
to Morpheus
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2004, 11:31:41 AM »
I'm sorry.

I'll go slit my wrists now.

If you know of any other Yankees fans so inclined... I might be able to get a good bulk deal on razor blades. ;)

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
to Morpheus
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2004, 11:34:22 AM »
Originally posted by KurtVW
He got so freakin pissed off that he burst a blood vessal... Thats one intense kid, I've met him...

I think he goes by 'G*tsome'... Or something...

LOL :D nice one

how did that one go thus far un-noticed?
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --