Author Topic: to Morpheus  (Read 842 times)

Offline zabe

• Zinc Member
to Morpheus
« on: October 27, 2004, 11:23:44 PM »
Thanx to NY for beeing such "dweebs"

ZABE....

:lol :rofl :aok :rofl :rofl :lol :aok :rofl

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
to Morpheus
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 11:45:31 AM »
:rofl
Ahahahahaahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahha!
:rofl

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
to Morpheus
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 12:49:26 PM »
Morph ... not to worry !!!

Hmmm ... 19 championships (just to catch up) x 84 years = 1596 years + 2004 = Year 3600 ... that's about when the BoSox will catch up, if the Yankees never win another World Series ... not bad ... LOL !!!

to make Tee-Dubya feel better ... ;)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2004, 01:31:43 PM by SlapShot »
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline streetstang

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
to Morpheus
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 04:45:07 PM »
Its not likely any of you will see what happened last night, happen again.

I dont hate Boston, just 90% of the punk fans. Altho now I think I will hate all 110%... I have to include the bandwaggon jumpers now after all.

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
to Morpheus
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 05:07:25 PM »
Originally posted by streetstang
Its not likely any of you will see what happened last night, happen again.

I dont hate Boston, just 90% of the punk fans. Altho now I think I will hate all 110%... I have to include the bandwaggon jumpers now after all.

I assume this indicates you are a New York Yankees Fan?

If we put this all into perspective.... I am surprised with the Yankees history of success someone hasn't put the ENY Monkey on them a long time ago!

The sportswriter Celzic kind of put it all in perspective...

The delta between the Yanks and Bosox payroll was about what it costs to field the Minnesota Twins.

So the Bosox spotted the Yanks the Twins and won 4 straight to send them home.  

He did a good job of tracing the Yanks success and linking when George was banned from any contact with the team and what has resulted since George put his mitts back in the team.  

It will be interesting to see what moves will be made on both teams for next year.  Talk about the American Reality Series.

(I don't even know the delta between NY's pay roll and who sent them home the several years previously)

Offline streetstang

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
to Morpheus
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 05:26:38 PM »
Um, ok so whats your pint?

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
to Morpheus
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 05:43:32 PM »
Um, ok so whats your pint?

Oh I was supposed to have a point?

Ah.. the second highest payroll in MLB beat the highest payroll in the MLB.

In the past several years... both those payrolls have been beaten by much lower payrolls.

ENY isn't really needed... MLB policies itself..... with the help of Steinbrenner of course...

;)

Offline Hornet

• Nickel Member
to Morpheus
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 05:54:27 PM »
marlins busted them up pretty e-z last year, not sure if those kids even cracked 100 mil.
Hornet

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
to Morpheus
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 06:04:09 PM »
Originally posted by TW9
nope the sox have only been beatin by the yankees :) .. they've beaten everyone else ;) ..

TW.. I'm a long time Sox Fan...

If the Sox did a better job of beating "everyone else" during the regular season... they would have spent less time playing the Yankees at the end of the season. :)

Even this year where they won the regular season matchups with the Yanks they came in as the wild card.  They must be losing to the lower payrolls someplace for that to happen.

Pretty fantastic finish to a year tho.... gotta give 'em credit.

Even wilder is they tried to dump or trade this years Series MVP before the season started.

Offline streetstang

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
to Morpheus
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 06:06:05 PM »
Originally posted by TW9
actually 19 but who's counting :D

oh ya i forgot..

what the hell is wrong with this kids face?

Offline streetstang

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
to Morpheus
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2004, 06:15:36 PM »
If the Sox did a better job of beating "everyone else" during the regular season... they would have spent less time playing the Yankees at the end of the season.

Not true... And makes absolutly no sense.

BTW- I am a Yankees lover by birth, and I still disagree with this. For what thats worth.

I could go on and on as to why what you said is wrong but I honestly dont care.

The sox won last night because they had a better team. They were a team. The yankees, well they are the Yankees. I'm not going to start disliking the yankees because of Gayrod. Or a number of other idiots on that team.

At game 4, with the yankees... It was in their eyes (The Red Sox). The new they could win, and they did. It was at game 6 when I started chanting go Red Sox while getting punched by a number of my drinking buddies. Game 7... The entire bar was chearing for the Red Sox. This is the kind of power, this team, this year, had. They showed you that they wanted to just play ball and win. And they did. Not to mention that they were just fun to watch. The yankees think about getting paid before they step on the field. Thats why they lost. Its a shame. But thats the way it is.

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
to Morpheus
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2004, 07:07:02 PM »
Originally posted by TW9
bah reg season doesnt mean crap..  mm if the rolls were reversed though ie if the sox won the division the yankees would have most likely got the wild card and they would have most likely met in the alcs.. anyways what i meant was the last 3 times the sox made it to the playoffs, 2 of the 3 times the team that beat em was the yankees.. the angels (once) and the A's (twice) didnt fair too well..

Oh I understood what you meant... :)
I just find it interesting that apparently the Sox would let down against other teams... and thus ended up behind the Yankees even tho they beat the Yankees during the regular season.  

I didn't get to see a lot of the Sox this year as I am in Arizona and thus out of area.  However when I lived at "home" years ago I used to always watch them, the Bruins, and the Celtics on channel 38.  Good old days.  That was before New England Sports Network came along and scarfed up all the games.

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
to Morpheus
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2004, 07:13:13 PM »

The yankees think about getting paid before they step on the field. Thats why they lost. Its a shame. But thats the way it is.

It is a shame ... but that is how the team was assembled...
They were like that on other teams... they just continue to act like that now.  Leopards and spots come to mind.

Of course Sox could have had A-Rod... almost... I of course didn't want him to go the Yankees... but I am very pleased he didn't end up on the Sox.

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
to Morpheus
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2004, 07:56:46 PM »
what the hell is wrong with this kids face?
He got blood on his face........he's a vampire, y'know, kiddie vampire?

j/k

Look like a scar or something on his face.
Rafe35
Former member of VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"

Offline United

• Gold Member
      • http://squadronspotlight.netfirms.com
to Morpheus
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2004, 08:51:27 PM »
The Red Sox are a team.

The Yankees are a group of highly payed individuals.

Thats the difference between the two.  The Yankees have the talent, but they play for ego, not for the better of the team.  The Red Sox know how to combine the weaknesses and advantages of all the players TOGETHER to win.

I'm a Yankee fan, but the Red Sox were very impressive to watch this postseason.  I saw some VERY good baseball from all of the teams this postseason.