Author Topic: convergence GUI  (Read 832 times)

Offline Anvil

• Zinc Member
convergence GUI
« on: October 28, 2004, 01:29:10 AM »
I understand convergence, but I'm confused by the AH convergence GUI. AH1 had lines connecting to the guns whos convergence you are setting...AH2 doesn't seem to have these lines and I cannot figure out how to tell which guns (ie: inner or outer) I am setting the convergence for.....help!

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
convergence GUI
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 02:32:21 AM »
To me it seems similar to AH1 in that I do get the lines for guns and they are colored differently for each gun. The point of view is different though and the adjustments seem slightly 'rougher' than in AH1 but I am able to do it without any problem. You can try using Page Up to get a higher point of view, see if that helps.
Does it seem any different if you are doing it on a CV or from a land base, an A field?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Anvil

• Zinc Member
convergence GUI
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2004, 12:10:36 PM »
No difference no matter where I try it. I'm using an onboard vid card, I can't see wind info or radar circles either. I'm guessing these things and the lack convergence lines are all vid card issues. I'll survive.....I hope :p
Thanks fuze

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
convergence GUI
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2004, 12:15:58 PM »
Anvil,
may I suggest you post your system specs and the problems you are having in the bug forum, maybe someone can find a fix for you.....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
convergence GUI
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2004, 01:17:46 PM »
Yep, other things going on so I'd bet it's video card related.
Are you using 32 bit color and have latest drivers?
Also, as mentioned, system specs would be nice and it's prob a post for Tech Supportbut lets see what we can do anyway.
Does it pass DxDiag ok?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
convergence GUI
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2004, 02:33:54 PM »
Originally posted by Anvil
No difference no matter where I try it. I'm using an onboard vid card, I can't see wind info or radar circles either. I'm guessing these things and the lack convergence lines are all vid card issues. I'll survive.....I hope :p
Thanks fuze
there is no wind in the MA as far as i know, though not seeing radar circles leads me to believe something is not quite right in your video.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
Re: convergence GUI
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2004, 03:41:21 PM »
The view angle for setting it is poor.

Offline Anvil

• Zinc Member
convergence GUI
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2004, 09:55:54 PM »
Well, I'll be getting a card soon anyway. Thanks guys. I'll just set my convergences offline and check what's what with a target for now.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
convergence GUI
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2004, 08:29:28 AM »
Wait, do you see them offline and not online? IF so thats wacky and a different story.
I wonder if there's a text file or dot command you could use to set these.

Offline Anvil

• Zinc Member
convergence GUI
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2004, 10:59:54 AM »
No, I meant that I could set covergence, then use .target to see which set of guns was doing what, offline....I tried it and it's a big pain in the butt so I'm just gonna set all my guns to the same convergence and not worry about it for now.
Thanks!

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
Re: Re: convergence GUI
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2004, 04:50:59 PM »
Originally posted by Montezuma
The view angle for setting it is poor.

yay they fixed it