Author Topic: Sidewinder Precision 2 No Go  (Read 343 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Sidewinder Precision 2 No Go
« on: October 30, 2004, 09:58:42 PM »
Havent played the game in 6 months or so.  Last time I did my sidewinder precision 2 worked well.  Now it doesn't work at all.

I have tried un-install/re-install...everything.  Using USB so it should be  a snap.  No go.

Any advice beyond the "obvious"?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 01:24:30 PM »
wow...not even a howdy fediddleing do!  hehe

eh..hehe   oh well
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 01:58:21 PM »
Sorry, just dont know.  MS SW2 was a pretty good stick.  Only thing I can think of you probably already did, and that's to unplug from the USB port and plug back in.  Or try a different port, in case you are having USB problems.  The SW2 was one of the first sticks that "talked" to the computer and updated whether it was there or not without having to restart the computer.  If its not the connection or the port its plugged into, and there's no obvious damage to the wire or the stick I dont know what to tell  you.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 12:23:00 AM »
thanks SOA2

Everything works now except the rudder via twisty stick.

I just cant see why the rudder doesnt work

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 01:24:42 AM »
Assuming it shows up and works in the Windows calibrate utility...........

Did you check to see that the twist rudder is selected as your rudder in the AHII joystick setup?  Just because its in the list doesnt mean its selected.  I've had that happen to me before.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 06:32:48 AM »
Sorry for missing this one Yeager.  Does the joystick show up at all in the Joystick setup of the game?

If not, then check in the Windows Control Panel under the Game Controllers ICON and see if it is there.  It has to be there before it will show in the game.

Now, if everything is working except the rudder, then go to the "Select Joystick" panel in AH2, and make sure the "Rudder" is mapped to the "Z-Axis".
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 11:22:36 AM »
Does the joystick show up at all in the Joystick setup of the game?
====
Yes

make sure the "Rudder" is mapped to the "Z-Axis".
====
Recalling from overstored memory bank, there are two Z axis controls assignable.  The top Z axis is being used by the throttle and the Z axis below that, with another letter beside the R, seems to be the one that does not work... its just stuck at "516"
for the input/out value.

The stick works visually with all control surfaces except the rudder.  The rudder just sits there.......

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 11:28:05 AM »
Yeager, when you say a vaule is "stuck", please understand the value is being given to use directly from DirectX.  If that value is stuck, then something else is going on.
Now, I used the "Z-Axis" as it typically is the rudder axis, however, it does not have to be that way.

When you move your rudder pedals, do any of the vaules in the "Select Joystick" panel change to reflect that motion?

The above also assumes the control manager for the stick is not being loaded.

If you have made changes to your stick hardware (i.e. added/removed/changed sticks), then you may need to wipe out the "joystick.cfg" file in the "settings" folder.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com