Author Topic: Atten: Freelancer Pilots. Team based MP Mod Ioncross  (Read 112 times)

Offline Weavling

• Copper Member
Atten: Freelancer Pilots. Team based MP Mod Ioncross
« on: November 01, 2004, 09:45:10 PM »
There is a MP only mod for Freelancer called Ioncross, Total War.  In it, there is a massive war against Liberty and Rheinland.  Two pirate factions also exist, the Liberty Rogues, and the Red Hessians.  The player must choose which team he/she wants to join.

Probably the biggest difference between this and the original Freelancer, is the enemy AI.  What was once a pathetic and easily killed NPC, is now very tough.  Don't expect to slaughter 12 ships by yourself any more!  

If you're a pirate, expect to be intercepted by police ships often.  They'll give chase, cruise disrupt you if you try to run, and they will dish out damage if you're not careful.  As a pirate, I once attacked a group of 3 police ships.  Soon there were 6 ships, then 8, then 12.  I stood no chance, so I was forced to run.  I barely got back to the safty of my base with 3% Afterburner fuel (It is limited now), and no bots or bats.  

If you're looking for more in Freelancer, this is definately the place to go.  Team work is vital if you are to take out bigger targets such as transports or capital ships.  PvP is also a very real possibility as there are only three systems in which you can go, Texes(Liberty's Home System), Bering(Frontlines, the war zone), and Hamburg(Rheinland's Home System).  

Depending on your performance, you will be given ranks according to your team that you're in.

I'm [Urchin]Fred_Meyer on the server and am part of the Liberty Rogues.  Hopefully I'll be promoted soon.  :)  Hope to see some of you guys there.