Author Topic: Seriously, the coverage sucks  (Read 236 times)

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Seriously, the coverage sucks
« on: November 02, 2004, 08:06:19 PM »
While we're blinded by numbers, at this point only 3 states matter - Ohio, Florida, and Pennsylvania.

Instead of focusing what they know about these states and delving into forecasting, the networks are hawking eyecandy.

What a buch of idiots - they need you hooked till 11 est, its their bussiness.

Offline RTStuka

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 08:14:08 PM »
But but but I cant stop, Paula Zahn is sooooo hot, I cant turn away someone help me............

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 08:27:22 PM »
They're just being so dumb in a need to cover their butts. OBVIOUSLY Kerry is going to get Califorina, Oregon and Washington, and just as OBVIOUS Bush is going to get the Bible belt (except Arkansas) - why aren't these in the numbers????

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 08:29:29 PM »
Florida is screwed up again.... Sorry for all you who live down there, hurricanes and now this...sad times.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 08:42:38 PM »
How is Florida screwed up...I've seen no evidence of that so far...of course both side are trying to come up for reasons to say it is.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 09:55:05 PM »
michigan is important as is colorado... if for some reason Bush loses Ohio he will need michigan and colorado.  

Most states are going exacly as they did in 2000 including penn.   Forida seems to be a easy Bush victory no screw up there..

If everything goes exacly as it did in 2000 bush wins at 282 or so...  if he loses ohio then all the little states will make a difference.

California and oregon and washington don't even count in the race  really... they are out of the play.  fiorm kerrie country...

lazs

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004, 10:02:27 PM »
Exactly - but California is like 52 votes and its no doubt Kerry - why isn;t this in their updated numbers??? One reason, the hook rather than inform. Its 3 states and at 10:45 they reveal 1 - Pennsylvania. Boy thats convenient that comes right before late local news.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 10:08:34 PM »
California polls have not been closed that long. The networks got burnt 2 years in a row, they are being cautious. I'd rather they were late and right than to screw up anything. Screwing up can cause this country way too much harm.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 10:13:56 PM »
Take it to the bank, every single poll has shown California as heavy Kerry. Its no limb they're going out on - its a 50 foot barge for Kerry. 70% of of the Democrats could go missing and it would still be Kerry.