Author Topic: Damn I'm dissapointed..  (Read 936 times)

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Damn I'm dissapointed..
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2004, 04:16:07 PM »
GJ Grun.  :aok

Offline pugg666

• Silver Member
Damn I'm dissapointed..
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2004, 04:38:52 PM »
If you dont pick a party when you register you are an independent. One down-side to that is in most states, independents cant vote for nominees in primaries.

Woah...does that mean, for example, if I register as a republican that I would only be able to vote for a Republican or independant candidate?

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Damn I'm dissapointed..
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2004, 05:23:20 PM »
Originally posted by pugg666
Woah...does that mean, for example, if I register as a republican that I would only be able to vote for a Republican or independant candidate?

You can vote for whoever you wish in the general election. You can't vote in primaries to choose the other side's candidates to run against yours.
For example, if you're a Republican, you can't vote to choose the Democratic nominee in a closed primary. Same for the Democrat in choosing the Republican nominee.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Damn I'm dissapointed..
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2004, 05:58:47 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Problem solved, I was just on a different list.  

:)

I voted! Yea!!!

Most excellent sir. You are to be commended and congratulated for making the effort to take part in the process.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Bluedog

• Silver Member
Damn I'm dissapointed..
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2004, 09:48:25 PM »
I honestly cant understand why someone who is given the choice as to wether their voice, no matter how small, is heard and their opinion counted, would choose to waive that right by not voting....just seems strange to me.

Down here they fine your arse if you don't vote, every Australian citizen is on the electoral role.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Damn I'm dissapointed..
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2004, 10:01:17 PM »
Originally posted by Bluedog

Down here they fine your arse if you don't vote, every Australian citizen is on the electoral role.

The irony of being FORCED to vote for a leader of your FREE society cracks me up Bluedog. "You WILL eat Cake... and you WILL like it!"... As you crack your whip, forcing the masses to embrace their "choice" for leader...

Maybe the refusal to make a choice is making a choice onto itself...maybe the voter has been on walkabout and doesn't know the issues...But whatever the reason, how on Earth can you advertise free elections if you force people to vote?

That is totally jacked up... I WAS going to immigrate to Australia, but if I HAVE to take part in  its civic functions... forget it, ROO BOY!!!