Author Topic: Is that terrorist bellybutton Arafat dead?  (Read 2758 times)

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Is that terrorist bellybutton Arafat dead?
« on: November 04, 2004, 11:04:29 AM »
Link

Whats the scoop, have you guys heard?

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 11:09:30 AM »

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 11:20:31 AM »
He's just pining for the fjords.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 11:22:17 AM »
During Bush's speech to the press corp this morning, a reporter announced that he was dead, and Bush expressed best wishes for him, etc.

I wonder if this is one of those situations where he's dead, but they're stalling until they can put together a certain response?
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Dune

• Silver Member
      • http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 11:27:08 AM »
I, too, have heard reports of his demise.  All of which will lead to interesting times.

Arrafat was a terrorist bomb-tosser of the highest order.  However, over the years he'd developed the ability to both not keep the hot-heads in check while being just enough of a calming influence to appeal to Europe.  He'd sold them on the fact that only he could keep any semblance of peace.  

What scares me is that he might be right.  Because of his past, the Palestinian people respected him enough to keep him in power.  The radicals were never able to get rid of him and completely go on the attack they way they wanted.  Arafat was smart enough to realize that while many sympathized with him, too many pictures of blown up buses and kids were bad PR.  

Or did he figure out a balance between terror and good PR?  Letting the radicals commit attacks without killing too many Jews.  And of couse not using his "influence" to stop the attacks the way he could have.  Or using his power to find a peace agreement with Israel?

If it's the former, then there's every possiblity that the next leader will be either a figurehead who rules at the whim of the radicals and they'll start bombing and killing as many Jews as they can.  And if anyone in the PA tries to stop them they'll just have that person replaced with someone who will cooperate.

If it's the latter, then perhaps a true moderate will be able to take over and, with the will of the average Palestinian, finally come to some type of agreement with Israel and we'll see peace.  Along with using the will of the people to withdraw support from the radicals.

But, if I were going to be forced to bet, I would say it really doesn't matter how much Arrafat was helping or hindering the process.  My bet is the radicals will gain control of the PA (they are the ones with the guns after all) and things are going to take a severe turn for the worse.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 11:44:27 AM »
Crap, Skuzzy, I though the A** in the title would get starred,  I am sorry about that.

So you guys think this is going to be a turn for the worse? Having thought a little about it, I think it may, but I still can not bring myself to feel sorry for that ultra melon.

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2004, 12:33:28 PM »
I just hope when he opens the 'virgin' door it turns out to be ten half starved Wolverines.

Offline Ripper29

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2004, 12:41:09 PM »
Israeli media: Arafat dead (47 min ago)

Israeli television has reported that Yasser Arafat has died after slipping into a coma on Wednesday at a French military hospital. However, a French hospital official has denied the report.

Yasser Arafat, the 75 year-old Palestinian leader, was determined to be clinically dead in a French military hospital. Arafat was being treated there for an unknown illness.

The frail head of the Palestinian Authority arrived in Paris last week after losing consciousness briefly at his West Bank headquarters. Arafat was at first said to have been suffering from a severe case of influenza, but was later diagnosed as having blood abnormalities and trouble with digestion.

Palestinian officials then ran tests for leukemia but the cancer was ruled out, and doctors remained uncertain what was causing his illness. Arafat's condition worsened three days ago and he slipped into a coma on Wednesday.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2004, 12:43:13 PM »
PARIS, France (CNN) -- A spokesman for the French military hospital housing Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat has told reporters the ailing leader is not dead.
He added though on Thursday that the 75-year-old leader had been moved to another department within the hospital for treatment more appropriate for his condition.

been moved to another department within the hospital for treatment more appropriate for his condition????

Okay Boys and Girls can you say "MORGUE"...?

That's right Boy and Girls that's where they keep the DEAD BODIES in the FRIKKEN HOSPITAL...:eek:

:rofl
« Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 12:45:24 PM by AWMac »

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2004, 12:47:35 PM »
He dying of AIDS from boinking the Allah School boys.

12 doctors can't figure out whats wrong with him, yeah right.  Can't have a martyr dying of AIDS in the eyes of Allah, now can we?

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2004, 12:50:22 PM »
GWB will have his day come too...What is interesting is who will go down in history as the greater killer of innocents.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2004, 12:53:43 PM »
I'll ignore the obvious flame-bait in that and just say...history is written by the winner.

J_A_B

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2004, 12:54:01 PM »
Originally posted by SirLoin
GWB will have his day come too...What is interesting is who will go down in history as the greater killer of innocents.

Interesting yes.  Open for debate?  Nah, not really.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2004, 01:00:48 PM »
That was some stinky stuff!

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2004, 01:23:13 PM »
How many is Arafat acused of killing?