Author Topic: Help, PT Boat problem  (Read 722 times)

Offline jpeg

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.steveo.us
Help, PT Boat problem
« on: December 22, 2001, 06:58:00 PM »
I have a strange problem that has come up in last month.

I can't get my pt boat to move. I start engine put it into gear (i see that its indicating F) push stick forward and nothing.. it use to work fine. And ground vehciles work fine right now..all of them.

I've also tried reverse and no go. I've tried diff. fuel amounts and no torps, torps, hangar..spawnpoint..nothing.

Any sugestions?

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Help, PT Boat problem
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2001, 07:24:00 PM »
I'll piggyback here to say my PT engine won't start.  Used to work fine, but not now, and all other plane and vehicle engines start fine.  Any suggestions?
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Mikepb42

• Zinc Member
Help, PT Boat problem
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2001, 07:41:00 PM »
I have had a similar problem.  Try making sure that the throttle is in the idle position before you start, or engage a gear. Hope this helps.

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Help, PT Boat problem
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2001, 09:28:00 PM »
I've tried every possible combination, and my pt boat engine simply will not start.  Used to run fine.  All other vehicle engines start promptly.  Guess I'll post a bug report.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline pugg666

• Silver Member
Help, PT Boat problem
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2001, 10:01:00 AM »
if i'm not mistaken, PT's have the same throttle setup as planes, + and - for throttle control.

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Help, PT Boat problem
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2001, 12:07:00 PM »
Originally posted by pugg666:
if i'm not mistaken, PT's have the same throttle setup as planes, + and - for throttle control.

Yes, unlike vehicles, PT boats use the throttle to move.... took me a while to work it out when I started!   :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Help, PT Boat problem
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2001, 12:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by Halo:
I'll piggyback here to say my PT engine won't start.  Used to work fine, but not now, and all other plane and vehicle engines start fine.  Any suggestions?

It's a bit like starting a car.... start engine with throttle off, then give it a little throttle before engaging the forward (or reverse) gear.
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline rickod

• Copper Member
Help, PT Boat problem
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2001, 11:33:00 AM »
TRY REDEFINING THE KEY UNDER SETUP AGAIN SET THEM TO SOMETHING DIFFERENT APPLY THEN SET THEM BACK AND APPLY AGAIN ITS PROBABLY JUST A FUBARED PT BOAT CONFIG
YOU COULD ALSO LOOK IN THE FOLDER THAT HOLD THE DIFFERENT SETTINGS FOR EACH DIFFERENT PLANE AND DELETE THE ENTRY FOR THE PT THEN THE NEXT TIME YOU USE IT IT WILL GENERATE A NEW ONE
HOPE THAT HELPS

Offline xRAM

• Zinc Member
Help, PT Boat problem
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2001, 12:41:00 PM »
Originally posted by rickod:
TRY REDEFINING THE KEY UNDER SETUP AGAIN SET THEM TO SOMETHING DIFFERENT APPLY THEN SET THEM BACK AND APPLY AGAIN ITS PROBABLY JUST A FUBARED PT BOAT CONFIG
YOU COULD ALSO LOOK IN THE FOLDER THAT HOLD THE DIFFERENT SETTINGS FOR EACH DIFFERENT PLANE AND DELETE THE ENTRY FOR THE PT THEN THE NEXT TIME YOU USE IT IT WILL GENERATE A NEW ONE
HOPE THAT HELPS

Try not yelling. Now my ears hurt.
 :(

xRAM