Author Topic: Coulter-ese  (Read 1839 times)

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Coulter-ese
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2004, 08:54:56 PM »
>>Indeed it is. That's the reality of the situation. Does that automatically make it a good thing? I would suggest that in many cases business is permitted to go too far. Indeed, the whole gay marriage thing is extremely minor compared to some other social issues affecting society.
<<

Agree completely. I find your posts to be sane as compared to to the hyperbole that fills this forum.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Coulter-ese
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2004, 11:14:54 AM »
jab... I agree to an extent... any group with an agenda worries me with the possible exception of the NRA and only because they are fighting so hard that their only agenda is the human right to keep and bear arms... when they get too powerful then I will worry about them.

The trick is to play the powerful groups against each other.  

I share your fears about religious groups and share your lack of fear about gays...   I do think that marriage is no more than a tax incentive like mortage deductions and should have the same effect... encourage behavior.   Do we want to encourage gay marrige and divorce and all the rest?   Not sure.   Will it trivialize "normal" marriage?   not sure.   will it cost money?  yep.  Will the divorce lawyers love it?  you bet.  much bigger pool to fleece...

I fear lawyers more than christians or religious groups and government more than either...  I fear gays the least of all.

lazs

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Coulter-ese
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2004, 11:55:46 AM »
Originally posted by J_A_B
"American business IS normalizing abnormal behavior."

Indeed it is.  That's the reality of the situation.  Does that automatically make it a good thing?   I would suggest that in many cases business is permitted to go too far.  Indeed, the whole gay marriage thing is extremely minor compared to some other social issues affecting society.
American business is all about avoiding lawsuits.  The courts are normalizing abnormal behavior.  What you see is the result of letting the voters have some say in the subject.  Not that it matters... the supreme court will overturn these bills anyways.