Author Topic: T-34 bugs  (Read 259 times)

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
T-34 bugs
« on: November 07, 2004, 06:30:46 AM »
Have noticed the T-34 tracks sit underground, this may be responsible for being able to see it through terrain.

Also i have found the T-34 to be invunerable to cannon fire...  I was hitting one for about 3 minutes constantly from manned ack as one porked our base.  Tried hitting everywhere from tracks, to turret, to drivers slit for NO effect.  I also had the same problem with 40mm on Hurricane IID.  I put about 15 rounds into the back/turret of a T-34 for NO effect. 1-2 hits from vickers gun on a Panzer turret usually disables it and same for the engine.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
T-34 bugs
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 05:57:52 PM »
HMMM....I just lost the tracks in a T-34 to a one second burst from a straffing Me 110-G2.  I wouldn't call the tracks invulnerable to cannon fire.

And I killed a T-34 with two passes in a Hurr IID. Not disabled, he blew up. I was attacking him in the side.

Offline Scrap

• Silver Member
T-34 bugs
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 01:40:55 AM »
T34 is VERY vuneralble to IL2 cannon.  Messed up a few with the nasty bird.

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
T-34 bugs
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 01:49:46 AM »
i cant see gunsight in t34, i see numbers on the side but no dot in the middle

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
T-34 bugs
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 08:36:45 AM »
Originally posted by MOSQ

And I killed a T-34 with two passes in a Hurr IID. Not disabled, he blew up. I was attacking him in the side.

I have hit several continuously with shells from a IID (talking hit sprites, not richochet's, engine, turret, tracks for no damage.  This is hitting on or very near my convergence setting (350) for no visible damage.  I have also talked to thrila who has had same problem and was going to post video of it here.

Originally posted by Scrap
T34 is VERY vuneralble to IL2 cannon.  Messed up a few with the nasty bird.

I have had the same problem with IL2, no damage from its cannon on or near convergence setting.

And i know my aim is fine, i am very adept at plinking out panzer turrets usually 1 hit on convergence from IID or 1 pass from IL-2.  Unfortunately for me though - all this usually results in is assist.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
T-34 bugs
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004, 09:43:05 AM »
Originally posted by Furball
I have had the same problem with IL2, no damage from its cannon on or near convergence setting.

And i know my aim is fine, i am very adept at plinking out panzer turrets usually 1 hit on convergence from IID or 1 pass from IL-2.  Unfortunately for me though - all this usually results in is assist.

I've tried out the il2 when 2.01 was first released...  was only getting assists....   Has anyone else noticed this?  I think the il2 will no longer be a big threat to GVs armor anymore.  :(  

It's easier now to up big bombers and fly low carpet bombing, which is kind of lame.