Author Topic: Newbie post, newbie questions...  (Read 623 times)

Offline kidcol

• Zinc Member
Newbie post, newbie questions...
« on: August 11, 2000, 04:44:00 PM »
OK, several questions I hope you guys can help me.

1. I've seen many snips of data that would indicate that there is a scoring page somewhere. When I go to roster on the clipboard, highlight my name & click score, I get "not implemented yet". Any help for me on this one? BTW, if you've got any health problems, I wouldn't look up my scoring. I wouldn't want to be responsible for anybody laughing themselves to death.

Besides, I was defending several fields.

& I wasn't feeling well...

2. How does H2H work? Have to admit I haven't tried it yet ,but can I just pop in and sign up for some 1 on 1 dueling? That would be a great chance for me to work on my ACM (see ques. 1 & my aforementioned score <shudder> )

3. I'm currently using the connection that I set up for WB to play AH. It's set down to 34k baud max, error correct off & FIFO buffers turned down. I haven't really experienced too much in the way of warp or disco problems until the last week(but the ones lately may be due to the friggin' verizon strike). Didn't notice any hints on tuning my connection the minuscule AH help file. Would a faster conn. be better?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can dish out.

And once again <cough> I've been under the weather...

- kidcol2 -
-=NightStalkers=-

Offline indian

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2000, 04:54:00 PM »
Just type .socre for your score or .score playerID for any player score.

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
Indians Home page were links to help pages can be found.
Indian's Homepage

Offline kidcol

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2000, 05:01:00 PM »
Thx Indian  

Now I'm just afraid to look.

After digging around a bit I think I found the answer to my ques. 3 in the internet connectivity forum here. Appears AH & WB are pretty alike as far as connect configurations go & I'd be best to stick with the way I've got it now.

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2000, 07:57:00 AM »
1)
If you want more scoring data you can get it by selecting 'Scores' from the main page of this site. (direct link http://www.hitechcreations.com/scores/mainscores.html  )
You can compare all sorts of info from there.

2)
When you press H2H you can either choose to start your own new room or join someone elses. Even tho it is called H2H it can really be used by up to 8 players and also after your 2 weeks free trial is over.
If you deciede to start your own room you will be given 'host' power and can then change all settings for the arena by using the 'field settings' and 'arena settings' under the 'Setup' tab on the clipboard. Things you are in control of are for instance: Time of day, planes allowed on different fields, fields ownership, fuel multiplier, collisions  and ... etc. etc.
If you haven't arranged to meet someone in there you just have to sit and wait for them to join. Keep and eye on the radio and also the roster (remember to refresh)

------------------
Snefens
-=Aces High Training Corps=-
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"