Author Topic: V base idea  (Read 255 times)

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
V base idea
« on: November 11, 2004, 01:21:23 AM »
Just a thought but I was bombing a Vbase tonight and hit 2 out of the 3 hangers and was wondering what people would think if when you killed 1 hanger you would lose heavy tanks like the tiger and what ever HT comes out with in that area, you kill a 2nd hanger and the base loses medium tanks, T34, Panzer then the remaining hanger would only be able to up M3, M16, LVT2 and 4 and the M8.
 I just thought that because unless you kill a 3 hangers at the same time that it makes killing 1 or 2 useless, partally because you missed 1 or 2 and the down time on them is so short that by the time another team mate hits the remaining 1 the rest pop back up.  It might add a new dimention to game play.

Again just a thought. :)
         Feed back?
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
V base idea
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 01:50:05 AM »
Not until they move the hangars away from one another so
that one carpet bombing monkey can't hit all 3 with 1 pass.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
V base idea
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 01:54:54 AM »
how about having the manable ack where u can see that maproom that would be nice.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
V base idea
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 09:19:46 AM »
I would rather have hangars spawn specific things.  Instead of the first 1 taking out Tigers, you have to kill a specific hangar to get rid of the tigers.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
V base idea
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004, 12:25:34 PM »
I agree that the hangers do need to be spread out a bit and I don't have any problems with a particular hanger for each type of gv. Both good ideas imop.
 But thats just me. :)
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Darkish

• Nickel Member
V base idea
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2004, 12:45:42 PM »
Personally I find v bases too soft as is - One P-38 can take down all three and de-ack as well.

At the moment one good drop between the "twins" will take down them both out and the third can be finished off with remaining rockets and cannon.

I would like to see the hangers on all fields more dispersed, and the vh's need more ack for sure.

I say this as a pilot, not a ground hog.

Mind you, taking a v base is the closest we have to the old days of AH; only need a couple of guys.

Offline MadBull

• Copper Member
V base idea
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2004, 04:59:18 PM »
I would like to see some type of re-arm pad for the gv's that are trying to protect the gv base when all the hangers are down.