Author Topic: 2 and half AW vet to AH dweeb :)  (Read 805 times)

Offline BigCrate

• Copper Member
2 and half AW vet to AH dweeb :)
« on: December 29, 2001, 07:20:00 PM »
I was on Aw on aol for the final months I was on Aw2 on aol till it went to gamestorm
I was on aw3 till i left.. my handle was Tfs#1.. my point is i'm not a moron..
I need help I have been gone for 3 years
And i have lost my touch  :( I'm 38 driver mostly and i play with the f4 a little..
I just need a few lessons from a good trainer to help me.. Its mainly full realism
flight model that is giving me trouble. But some of the 38 stuff is to.. I just need someone to teach me the basics all over again.. I can't fly I try stuff that is more advanced they my fly skills and I don't know how to fly any other way than the way I was taught in AW.. Please me..

Thanks Cody

Offline Broes

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2001, 07:56:00 PM »
38 is a nice big target... Doesn't matter where you aim, pieces fall of rather fast...

Oh... you meant training as in flying one... Just keep her straight and slow and don't fire back  :)

Broes

Offline majic

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2001, 10:22:00 PM »
Get with a trainer in the training arena.  And stay away from the turn and burn planes, they'll eat you alive until you get better.  One hint I can give you... use speed and alt to your advantage.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2001, 10:42:00 PM »
I've been flying the P38 recently some, if you want to contact me my email is shodges@cablespeed.net.  My ingame handle is Urchin.  I can show you some basic tactics to use in the P38, and maybe some more advanced stuff if I can remember it  :).

Offline Apar

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2001, 07:58:00 PM »
Cody, I'm not an official trainer but I'm happy to help U out. If U want me too, gimmy an e-mail:
j_apar@hotmail.com

[ 12-30-2001: Message edited by: Apar ]

Offline bikekil

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2001, 12:31:00 AM »
Hi Cody,

e-mail me at bikekilla@poczta.onet.pl. i can give you some advices in that matter. i'm not a p38 ace, but i know one...  ;)

Offline cp52

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2001, 08:54:00 AM »
I'd be interested in some other opinions on this but the 38 doesn't seem to be the dominator in AH that it was in AW.  A good 38 pilot could outturn anyone in AW and I avoided them like the plague but I haven't seen that in AH.  They just don't seem as strong.  Anybody else think that?

[ 12-31-2001: Message edited by: cp52 ]

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2001, 01:49:00 PM »
Cp52 it all depends whos behind the stick in a 38, if someones flying it fowl or out side of its envelope they will be eaten alive. But if the fly with its advantages you are dead meat, its a mean plane in the right hands. I my self dont fly it much, but its a great Efighter from what i gathered the few times i flew it.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2002, 06:34:00 PM »
Cody,

welcome to AH, I started in AW right as it went to AOL. The 38 in AW RR is much different than the AW 38 in FR and then again is different in AH...the AH 38 is like the AW nikki was (IMO). A good E fighter but not a great turner...the nikki here is like the old 38 in AW with dead or jase in it.

course jase isnt up recently and +dead/dmf/leviathan doesnt fly the 38 here.

1st I'd decide what style you want to fly...the 38 is an E fighter better at medium alt or up best used with a wingie...if you fly solo I'd think about another ride. I love the F6 here, but you'll suffer a bit on the learning curve.

TAC is a great 38 driver and his squad would be a good home if they're looking...also tried is a good 38 stick. I flew with the 327th for years and think the world of them...if your looking for a squad with some good sticks and a great bunch I'd highly recommend them.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson