Author Topic: Driving vehicles, and a few other questions  (Read 509 times)

Offline Vortex

• Nickel Member
Driving vehicles, and a few other questions
« on: December 30, 2001, 03:50:00 PM »
Hi folks, a couple more quick questions for you all.

I'm having problems driving vehicles. In a nutshell, I have no accelerator to speak of. This applies to any land vehicle. Basically what happens is I can get into the drivers seat no problem, start the engine without issue, and even get it in gear. However my joystick throttle dosn't have an effect for throttling up (it works fine with the PT boats and planes though). I've also tried using the keyboard keys for both "throttle" (defaults to "=" and "-") as well as RPM (defaults to NP "+" and "-") on the vehicles. No luck there either. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

I also noticed in the key mapping tex file that there's an option to map a function for "Stick Set". What exactly is that? I've been looking for a way to setup different stick configurations based on plane types and ammo loads (i.e. all mg's, all cannon, mixed, buffs, etc). Would this happen to be such a feature? If so, anyone know how one goes about configuring it?

Thanks in advance!

Vortex
--)-Vortex----
The Musketeers, circa 1990

AH In-Game Handle: Vort

Offline blackfalcon4

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2001, 04:13:00 PM »
YO

There is no throttle on gv's.
 After starting and engaging gears you then push your stick forward to go, back to stop.

Offline Vortex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2001, 03:16:00 AM »
That got the wheels turning, thanks blackfalcon4, much appreciated!

Vortex
--)-Vortex----
The Musketeers, circa 1990

AH In-Game Handle: Vort

Offline cp52

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2001, 08:50:00 AM »
Vortex- As a newbie, I have had the same problem.  It seems simple , once you know how to do it, but I don't know why the throttle isn't used?  
Also, it would be nice if this were in the Help or documentation.  (Much like the zoom feature- took me a while to find it, too.)
Maybe I'm slow.   :)

[ 12-31-2001: Message edited by: cp52 ]