Author Topic: Why the CT blows chunks...  (Read 5400 times)

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Why the CT blows chunks...
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2004, 05:12:22 PM »
Sorry slash that was aimed at Grits.  I just wrote it wrong.

But yes they do have forums.

Offline Shac

• Zinc Member
Why the CT blows chunks
« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2004, 07:51:17 PM »
Hey Slash... Was when Lowe was CO  used Python as my handle in those days. Left with??  who I flew wing for. Cannot recal the name, for the life of me. Old age i guess :)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2004, 10:34:09 PM »
I'm not pissed at you Hawk, but I do feel sorry for you if that makes you feel better.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2004, 11:45:18 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
I'm not pissed at you Hawk, but I do feel sorry for you if that makes you feel better.

Wotan and Gixer have already done a wonderful job of establishing that IL2 has better graphics than AH.

The folks over at Warbirds might not be aware of this fact though , maybe there's room over there for a tragic ex-player stalker, as both spots here seem to have already been filled
I come from a land downunder

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2004, 02:43:45 AM »
fishing and getting some good nibbles

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2004, 09:55:30 AM »
I will say this in this thread and then drift away like dust in the wind.

I have privately said for a little while now that the CT is going down the drain and may not survive for much longer. One reason I decided to step down was the simple mindless dumb arse comments that are tossed about with careless regard for the other players. Something happened within the last 12-18 months in the CT and it has gone downhill fast from that point till now.

I honestly do not know if the CT will survive the upcoming implementation of TOD. If it does it will be because guys like Fork, Slash, Sabre and many others will have pulled it out of the burn pile that is rapidly accumulating around it. It may be that in order for the CT to live it first has to die and then reappear a little farther down the line.

I hope it doesn't die off but....my opinion doesn't matter since I'm not even and AH subscriber anymore.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2004, 11:55:08 AM »
What happened Reschkie? What was the event you were speaking of?
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2004, 12:52:01 PM »
Hey Jester,

Dont really know of a single event.  Guys basicly began getting a sour attitude for  posted reasons in many threads dating back six months.  The attitudes turned into insults and insults turned into guys leaving.  Several large squads gave up on the group missions flying and sour attitudes and left the CT,  some even left AH altogether. HTC absolutely could give a rip about the CT.  The CT is the stepchild.......

and it's days are numbered.

This "other sim" has its share of "CT Attitudes" but the servers are "player owned" and sour attitudes are "banned".  The servers can hold up to 60 players and is being updated to around 150 players, pending what the server host wants.  Sure, the MA holds 600 or so but geeesh................PF's coops are awsome!!!!!!!!!!

Grits, listen bud,  Give it another try...I'll fly with ya :)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: December 13, 2004, 02:00:45 PM »
Frankly Hawk I wasn't all that impressed with IL2, but if you're happy there great. However I sure wouldn't post cudos for AH on a IL2 BBS.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #114 on: December 13, 2004, 02:59:31 PM »
Not a single event that I remember as Hawk mentioned just a real gradual swing in the way the CT was being used. This is not meant as a dig towards those who were in the CT Staff role at that time since I know from experience that we (yes I still think as a staffer) could not control the way it was played in. Because we would undoubtedly piss on the fire that drew one group or another to the arena.

Its had a long run but with the way it has drifted gameplay wise I really think its on the terminal list. BUT thats my opinion and I hate to say it.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: December 13, 2004, 03:42:26 PM »
Cudos...lol,  Im just giving my honest opinion why the CT blows chunks.  

Im not asking anyone to "remove" themselves from HTC pocket book, but there are other fish in the ocean, so to speek!

I like it for many reasons, one being that you actually have to "fly" the airplanes.  The game is more demanding.....A LOT MORE DEMANDING and not everyone will be able to handle it ;)

Remember this: http://media.onwisconsin.com/news/eaacrash.ram
« Last Edit: December 13, 2004, 03:51:02 PM by CurtissP-6EHawk »

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2004, 04:26:21 PM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
Humble

Use the force luke, come to "Pacific Fighters".  You will never miss CT again :D

Hmm.... short memory eh Hawk. I didn't find it demanding at all. Just didn't find it fun either.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2004, 04:58:09 PM »
Originally posted by Bear76
Hmm.... short memory eh Hawk. I didn't find it demanding at all. Just didn't find it fun either.

Had the same experience Bear , it's an Ok game, with a lot of strong points,  but the arena setup / community / multi-player etc just wasn't anywhere near as good as AH   ( and I didn't like the views either  - spoilt I guess) . The single player and the AI  is not much fun either , just can't fight AI after fighting humans for so long

Strangely enough, I don't feel the need to rush back to their BBS every 2 weeks to tell them that though.
I come from a land downunder

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2004, 05:06:41 PM »
Some cursory comments to make some things clear.

The CT and SEA are both player run arenas.  HTC simply provides those players with the server space and we let them run it.  We do very little to intervene in those arenas other than to provide support for the players who do work hard to provide a different experience from the Main Arena.

This thread has been hijacked into an IL2 promotion, which is not appropriate for the "Combat Theatre" forum.  Those of you participating in that promotion would do well to just move along.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2004, 05:43:45 PM »
Reschke i saw the same and is why i left.  Sure i might have been part of the problem.  Whatever, but point being basicly when i saw it go down the cliff was when the elections were announced.  Bug and his Mouth just keep running in John Kerry Style.  xxxxx did this wrong and i will fix it.  numbers were the major issue at the time, and really numbers is what made the CT the CT IMO.  You had the elite pilots who had good attitudes in here.  Then we try to get numbers up and it completely backfires.  The overall (umm how should i put this) sportsmanship in the CT declined as numbers rose.  Now it is still declining along with the numbers as far as i understand.

We can point fingers at who cause this mess but in reallity we are all guilty and you could put more blame on others for being bad apples etc.  The Few old guys who flew in the CT and still do need to figure out a way to restore the CT to its elite status without hurting numbers.  BEFORE TOD i might add.  and if you don't TOD will be the gunshot wound to the head.  Mortal wound.

Ok im done rambling about what i saw.
II/JG3 DGS II