Author Topic: Whats up with all the suicide?  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Whats up with all the suicide?
« on: July 02, 2001, 02:04:00 PM »
Anyone else notice the increase in suicide runs? Are we gettin' gamey in AH? I've never seen so many so intent on gettin' that almighty kill that they just plow right into a field, ack, cap or not.

Come on guys, lets at least pretend to simulate  :D

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2001, 02:19:00 PM »
I did that several times on Saturday while straffing LVTs with a Spitfire IX.

However I wasn't doing it intentionally.  My frame rate was dropping so badly, due to all of the splashes, that I couldn't pull up.

I always take off with the intention of landing again.

The screech of tires on the runway and of the engine being shut off after a mission are "happy" sounds for me.  That is more of a reward than any perk points I may have scored.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2001, 02:23:00 PM »
This the end of this thread! You shall pay!

<Runs toward Apache with 'splosives strapped to waist and finger on buton>

:eek:  :D   :eek:

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2001, 02:26:00 PM »
lol hblair. Now that I think of it, maybe its ok, its making my k/d go up. Long live prox kills!!

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2001, 02:40:00 PM »
It's actually a conspiracy attempt by the CIA to force people into a similiar frame of mind, they have been force feeding the AH population LSD via their water supply.

Normal people see AH like this:

The Average AH player sees it like this:

It's a conspiracy I tell you!!
-SW
--------------------
Hey Guy, I'm masterin' my joystick!  
Contact me here: weissdr1@yahoo.com

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2001, 03:10:00 PM »
With regards to CV killing:

The very FACT that suicide is so prevalent against CVs demonstrates (to me at least) that there is a gameplay imbalance that needs to be addressed at some point down the road.

Whether it is a need for a *death penalty* or increasing the damage necessary to sink a CV I do not know.  Perhaps limiting the distance a CV can operate from offshore would make kamakazi dweebing less appealing.

Whatever the deal is, it makes my time in AH a cheaper less worthwhile experience.

With regards to overall kamikazi stuff against mountains, hangers and anything solid: Mostly thats just the weekend warrior types out for a quick thrill.  Forgive them for they know not better (or could care less, whatever).

Y

[ 07-02-2001: Message edited by: Yeager ]
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2001, 03:15:00 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager:
Whatever the deal is, it makes AH a cheaper experience.

To you maybe. To them.. apparently not.

Think about the newbies.. WON'T SOMEONE THINK ABOUT THE NEWBIES?!?!?!

<goes off to suicide right into a cliff in a N1K2>
-SW

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2001, 03:19:00 PM »
AH is becoming very silly and stupid in many ways. BTW If you disagree with me go shove it up ur ass, because I dont care what many of you idiots think any more. HTC needs to rethink where this one is going and what type of market its after. IM very serious about this it will only become a bigger problem as time goes on. HTC dont let it get that way, time to reign some of this stupidity in.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2001, 03:26:00 PM »
I have seen whole squadrons of hog cs repeatedly kamakazi the vh cause none of them apperently new how to jabo it.
For every 10 guys that havent learned better then that there is a guy like Ramjeager that can individualy fire rockets for vehicle kills.
Viva la difference.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2001, 03:26:00 PM »
Grunherz, does your GroinHurt or are you just being your usual anal self today?
-SW
--------------------
Hey Guy, I'm masterin' my joystick!  
Contact me here: weissdr1@yahoo.com

Offline Baddawg

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dogfighter.com
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2001, 04:17:00 PM »
Are we gettin' gamey in AH?  
Well I dont know about you but I find if I give the game a break and attend to some personal hygiene ,such as showering ect. the gaminess goes away.  :eek:

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2001, 04:18:00 PM »
There is a definate issue with regards to CVs.  The issue however isnt that  which many people think it is (IMHO).  First of all, its way to easy to sink a CV with a lone lanc at 3-4k.  The reason is that no one bothers to fly cap, and they bring the CV way way way to close to shore.  If the lanc had to fly farther that a few minutes, you'd never see one get through (assuming the CVs country has at least a few compitant players).

Why do they bring the CV in so close?  We all know why, so they can cover the NME base with its magical 3k flack umbrella.  This keeps the defenders from climbing very high, and lets you continue the attack from just a mile or two off shore, even though it means you only get to about 5k....you still have the altitude advantage.

There is the other issue, and that is that asside from bombing a CV, there is no other effective way to destroy one.  I tried for about 3 hours one night, and never even came close to hitting the NME CV with a torpido.  First of all I have no idea if there are speed/altitude restrictions on the torpidos (is this stuff written anywhere?).  Secondly, you cant get close enough to make a torpedo run, its like a turkey shoot, and even if you release before dying, the CV just turns out of harms way.

Theres no perfect solution, considering the condensed combat enviroment.  However, I feel that if you bring a CV in so close as to make it an easy target...thems the breaks.

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2001, 04:51:00 PM »
I must say that I admire the debating style of grunherz,quite deep, good thing he aint king of the world.

Shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2001, 04:55:00 PM »
I have to agree with  2Late4U, hitting a cv with a torpeto is almost impossable. you have to be at around 200 feet at about 150 to 200 mph. fighters can get you easy, and the fleet ack ripes you to shredds. yeah I have gottem close enough to drop my fish, but do they ever hit. I have no idea. how do you aim with the torpetos. the cross hairs on the bomb sight are wrong for torpetos. I have put the cv in center of cross hairs, just before center, a little father away from center. But I have never sunk the cv. well not with torpetos. and with the JU-88 that carries two fish, you would think that would be enough. Now I should point out that was back when it only took 2 thousand pounds to kill a cv.
and Now I think I heard it takes 6 thousand pounds to kill a cv.

now I have dive bombed cv's with P-51's, P-47's and have always tried to pull out to live. a couple times I did. but the flak coming up from the fleet makes it danm near impossable to survive. so the kamakazie attack is about all you have. as for bombers, well you drop your eggs from a safe alt and the cv turns, you miss for sure.

but this is some thing I will worry about when I return to the MA.

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2001, 06:15:00 PM »
You can hit a cv with torpedoes, its far from impossible unless the heavy ack is manned, then it borders on the impossible. Its just that hardly anyone uses torpedos. And why should they when you can take a b26 and drop your eggs from 4 or 5k and get a sure kill?