Author Topic: confusing instructions  (Read 697 times)

Bird_82

confusing instructions
« on: December 28, 2000, 10:39:00 AM »
seems like it would be fun, except the getting started instructions aren't to good, i downloaded the demo, and couldn't figure out how to do anything except get in a boat and shoot the guns, then i couldnt ever leave the dock, i printed out the key commands, can u actually drive the boat around? bird

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
confusing instructions
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2000, 10:58:00 AM »
yes

In the PT boat hit "e" to start engine, "q" for forward gear, then give it gas. Turn with jstick. The number keys will cycle you through the guns.

Select "auto takeoff" in the clipboard settings to get you in the air

gl

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
confusing instructions
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2000, 11:10:00 AM »
Yes, Bird, you can.  Here's a quick walkthrough for flying a plane...

Start the game, click on offline.

When the game starts, you are in a base tower and you should see your clipboard map in the top-left of your screen.  Click on the hangar button on your clipboard map.

The hangar is where you choose the plane or vehicle you will pilot.  On your clipboard is now a list of planes/vehicles.  Those marked in green text are available at the field you are at.  Choose the A6M5B.

After you have chosen your plane, you need to pick a direction to launch from the base.  The group of buttons next to the word "Fly" in the bottom left of the clipboard do this.  The H button will start you in the hangar, while any other buttons start you facing the direction you choose.  For example, the N button will put you on the south end of the runway facing north.  Click on the N button.

This should put you on the runway and automatically start your engine (unless you have turned off auto-takeoff).  Let the game get you up in the air.  After you are up, hit X to disable autopilot and then move your joystick around to fly.

Hope that helps...

Bird_82

confusing instructions
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2000, 05:50:00 PM »
cool, thanks, the planes fly cool, one more question, when im flying how do i drop bombs? i could shoot and select my guns, but i cant figure out how to drop bombs, thanks again, bird

LJK Raubvogel

confusing instructions
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2000, 05:53:00 PM »
Bird, the best thing to do is to probably play with the keymapper a bit. Most folks that have been flying have the keys mapped to their preference. Once you figure out the mappig system, you can set the keys to whatever works best for you.

To get to the keymapper, bring up the clipboard by hitting ESC. Then click on Setup. Under Setup, you will see Keymapping and Stickmapping. You use those to set the keys and buttons on your joystick.

------------------
LJK_Raubvogel
LuftJägerKorps

[This message has been edited by LJK Raubvogel (edited 12-28-2000).]

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
confusing instructions
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2000, 06:26:00 AM »
To drop bombs, first you must have them loaded in the hangar screen.  Once you have the bombs on board, you can use the backspace key to cycle through your different secondary weapons.  You will see the ammo counter change to reflect what you have selected.  It will show the ammount of fuel in an external tank as well.  Use backspace to select the ordinance or tank you want to drop, then hit "b" or your secondary trigger to release that ordinance.  Be sure to backspace back to your 2nd bank of guns for Air to Air fighting when you are done.  

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"A pig is a jolly companion, Boar, sow, barrow, or gilt --
A pig is a pal, who'll boost your morale, Though mountains may topple and tilt.
When they've blackballed, bamboozled, and burned you, When they've turned on you, Tory and Whig,
Though you may be thrown over by Tabby and Rover, You'll never go wrong with a pig, a pig,
You'll never go wrong with a pig!" -- Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"

PapaEcho

confusing instructions
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2000, 06:23:00 AM »
Hiya Bird,

we're kind of in the same boat here (no pun intended) it seems a lot to take in I know. Great thing about this sim is you can pretty much map everything (keys/cockpit views) how YOU want them i think thats cool, also, whilst flying around check out some of the external views (i think the F keys do that) particularly F8 then use your numberic keypad to move around your vehicle/plane as your going along.

I was having problems with key mapping and hosting a head to head so i printed off lephturns and another guys web help pages (in the LINKS part of the HiTech Website)
Proved invaluable
thanks lephturn and the other guy (real sorry forgot your name)

*stands sharply to attention*
*Salute*

------------------
PapaEcho
--------
"Pull the pin and count to what??"