Author Topic: Wafflesounds and skins  (Read 18423 times)

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Wafflesounds and skins
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2005, 12:27:07 PM »
new patch for some of the sights out -

new patch has no alpha files in it - so gunsights will be brighter

Offline Kaz

• Silver Member
Wafflesounds and skins
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2005, 02:42:02 PM »
Waffle don't know if you caught it, I'm downloading your latest soundpack now. There's another new sound whlhit3. BTW great gunsights lost my old one yesterday decided to try yours I am impressed it's sorta what I was trying to do only way better! on the great work bud :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 02:45:24 PM by Kaz »

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
Wafflesounds and skins
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2005, 03:07:14 PM »
I'll take a look at that wheelhit3 sample, but I think it might've been leftover from one of my bastardized editing sessions :)

I think AH uses a file called Tire.wav off the top off my head

Offline Kaz

• Silver Member
Wafflesounds and skins
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2005, 03:22:08 PM »
whlhit3 came default with 2.02 along with debris AND you already have it in your soundpack just finished downloading it. :)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Wafflesounds and skins
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2005, 03:30:03 PM »
Waffle-
Are the separate pack's on your webpage the same as those contained in the full download? I haven't been able to get the full download, and after I started downloading the smaller packs, I noticed that you'd updated some stuff.

Also, great job on the gunsights, I like them.

Cheers,
hub
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
Wafflesounds and skins
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2005, 03:46:18 PM »
yes the smaller packs are whats on the current pack. The only thing that's not contained in those folders are the "base pack" sounds" which are things like scrpaing noises, hits, some damge ect.... as well as different versions of the defaults

Offline sullie363

• Nickel Member
      • Birds of Prey
Wafflesounds and skins
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2005, 06:12:19 PM »
I think some of the sounds were replaced with default souns in 2.02.  For example I think the Mosquitoe's guns are back to normal.
Birds of Prey Raptors
Birds of Prey Film Making Team
Birds of Prey Trainer Corps

<S> PaulB

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
Wafflesounds and skins
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2005, 06:41:50 PM »
hey Sullie - go try to download the mossie sounds off of the website - under british planes. See if that changes anything. Just place the downloaded mossie6 folder in your sounds folder - it will ask to overwrite the other mossie6 file - check yes.

Offline MerlinX

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.unforgiven.dishtech.biz
I want your older sights
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2005, 12:33:08 PM »
Hey waffle,

Like to start by saying excellent job on your sound pack.  I love it.  I was using 3.2, and just downloaded 3.3.  The only thing that I would suggest is a louder dive whistle in the ju-87.

Ok, here's my question - can I get your last sights?  I don't really like the new ones.  They are better than the default game sights, but I really liked the old BritshM2.  I don't like the new one.

I recently deleted Aces High, and tried to reload it to fix some problems I was having.  I didn't save my sights file, because I thought I could just reload them from your site again; and I was going to download the new sounds anyway.  I would really like to get the sights with the alpha files agian.  I think they look much more realistic.  Hope you can help me.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
Wafflesounds and skins
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2005, 05:25:40 PM »
I don't think I have the old sights - will have to look. I reformated a while back - but there might be a copy of em on a backup firewire drive.

BTW - have you tried adjusting the alpha slider to the right some in the gunsight setup? They're pretty much the same sights - they all fade to white when against the sky - there's nothing to be done about that.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 05:28:03 PM by Waffle »

Offline MerlinX

• Zinc Member
Wafflesounds and skins
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2005, 11:11:23 AM »
It's not the alpha that bothers me.  They are good sights, but I just like the old British M2 sight a lot.  The look is different in the new ones, and I liked the alpha property in the old set.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
Wafflesounds and skins
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2005, 01:12:58 PM »
Heres the old sights:

oldsights

And someone was looking for old windsounds - believe might've been sunking - here they are.
windsounds

Offline MerlinX

• Zinc Member
Wafflesounds and skins
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2005, 02:23:14 PM »
Waffle,

Thanks, but those are not the ones I had last time.  The ones that I need are the sights in the flash movie on your index page.  In particular, I need the British M2 sight.

This one.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
Wafflesounds and skins
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2005, 02:46:05 PM »
Take that Image right there and convert it to a  256x256 bitmap.
Then rename it BritisH M2.BMP (i think thats what I used) and place it in your gunsights folder

You'll have to upsize it a few pixels - or I can do it for you  if you dont have the software

Offline MerlinX

• Zinc Member
Wafflesounds and skins
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2005, 03:01:45 PM »
I actually did that right before I checked this post using Photoshop CS.  It's a little darker than before, but that's ok.  I wanted it a little darker anyway.  Thanks a lot.