Author Topic: Marines war criminals?  (Read 6941 times)

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Marines war criminals?
« on: November 15, 2004, 08:08:49 PM »
I saw only 2 last sec of story ot KRO4

marines in the building checking who of iraqui is alive, then shot and camera blank

CNN is screamimg like this
whats happend?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 08:14:07 PM »
The Iraqi was wounded badly in a previous fight. Due to the ongoing battle he was left all by himself for over a day and was in terrible pain. It was a mercy killing, which is apparently illegal in US military law.

CNN is pushing this story very eagerly, though I cant say whether its some sort of  bias or just CNN's retarded repetive reporting of just about any story every 15 minutes to fill their 24 hour schedule...

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 08:19:14 PM »
A Marine is about to be made into an example.  This guy and his chain of command have just entered a ****storm of epic proportions.

Mercy killing... my ass.  Grunts are not trained to make medical assessments like that.  Grunts are trained to capture POWs and get them to medical personnel.  Medical personnel can then determine if the prisoner can be saved or not.  If mercy killing is appropriate, the medical people can do it in a way that is humane and doesn't end up on CNN.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 08:23:37 PM by FUNKED1 »

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 08:21:43 PM »
Grun i can understand shot to relive pain if it will be done by insurgences, but by MARINE?

Also i read no newsgroup about same done earlier by other platoon. From 5 who surrender, 2 survive  and one was recued by BBC reporter. 2 other was shot in a head by shotgun.

???????
wtf is going on? really secound vietnam?

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 08:25:32 PM »
CBS found out about this and the producers 'wet their pants' getting it on the air.  

The Marine who did the shooting had seen his friends killed and wounded.  Was wounded himself the day before.  And now faces Courts Marshall for killing someone that could have been one of the SOB's that were beheading U.S citizens the week before.  

That's enough, got to stop 'venting'.....

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 08:28:43 PM »
Otto it doesn't matter.  American troops are not allowed to do this kind of stuff.  And they damned sure better not do it front of a camera crew.  I hope the military justice system takes a giant **** on him, if all this is true.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 08:29:53 PM »
Rush to judgement without the facts tards.  You do Dan Rather proud.

For myself, I will wait until it is investigated and the details and facts are made public.  Anyone who forms his opinion on this based solely on what CBS or CNN says is a squealing moron of epic proportions.

So, ignore the tactic the insurgents have been using, faking dead and then opening fire. Also ignore the recent tactic of booby trapping the wounded and the dieing, so as our troops attempt to give aid, they are blown up. Ignore that armchair warriors, so you can sit in judgement without any facts.

If that Marine was at fault, it will be discovered, and he will suffer the consequences of his actions.

Personally, I will mourn no insurgents death, regardless of how he was killed. I certainly have no illusion about how that would have gone down if that had been an American wounded surrounded by insurgents with the rifles in hand. Wasn't that long ago 4 Marines were found executed, remember that? Think they were treated in accordance with the "rules of war"? War is hell, and those that think Americans will always act in the purest manner are deluded.

This stuff happens in every war, and in large scale. Just most have enough sense not to do it on camera. It is very possible the Marine was in fear of his life and suspected that the insurgent was about to attempt to kill them.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004, 08:30:36 PM »
this marine is jarhead
after vietnam they need to train them to not do such a thing in a front of camera.

Those one who play in this prison was MP from army or Marine?

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2004, 08:31:18 PM »
Originally posted by FUNKED1
Otto it doesn't matter.  American troops are not allowed to do this kind of stuff.  And they damned sure better not do it front of a camera crew.  I hope the military justice system takes a giant **** on him, if all this is true.

Funked, maybe you should just 'be there' before you start throwing ****.

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2004, 08:40:09 PM »
Originally posted by Otto

what for? law is law same for everybody, right?
arent we lawfull people?

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2004, 08:41:58 PM »
Originally posted by Otto

So it's excusable because it was a crime of passion?  That's just 2nd or 3rd degree murder instead of 1st degree.

I reiterate, if the story actually happened as reported, I hope they throw the book at him.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2004, 08:46:06 PM »
People are shocked to find out that watermelon like this has ALWAYS happened in war? It's WAR, hello.

Guys with little sleep, faced with high stress and in a "kill or be killed" environment are sometimes going to do crap like this. Its war.

I'm not shocked at all.

The US will deal with it and punish the guy if it's as it looks on the footage. The US actually deals with these crimes unlike the people we are fighting.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2004, 08:46:38 PM »
pretty sure I saw him reaching for a weapon...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2004, 08:46:55 PM »
Originally posted by FUNKED1
I reiterate, if the story actually happened as reported, I hope they throw the book at him.

So noted...

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2004, 09:00:57 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
People are shocked to find out that watermelon like this has ALWAYS happened in war? It's WAR, hello.

Guys with little sleep, faced with high stress and in a "kill or be killed" environment are sometimes going to do crap like this. Its war.

I'm not shocked at all.

The US will deal with it and punish the guy if it's as it looks on the footage. The US actually deals with these crimes unlike the people we are fighting.

That Don't make it right. He shot a visibly unarmed wounded man. That's the bottom line. Right before the iraqi is shot, a marine was recorded by the camera saying "He's ****ing faking he's dead". Pretty damning documentation.