Author Topic: Okay; Sarin found from Iraq  (Read 1953 times)

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
LOL
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2004, 12:56:42 PM »
Didn't you have basic Civilian Defence classes?

What's funny is the arrogance of the question.....like we NEEDED a civilian defense class.  What was Russia gonna do?    Drive some rust bucket over here and whoop us good?   Nah, Ivan needed to figure out how to feed himself first.

We don't need no steenking civil defense class.

And, re: the other American Basher, I was researching great Fins......I need help, I can't find any.  

Just spoofing yas.  

:aok
-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
Okay; Sarin found from Iraq
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2004, 12:56:59 PM »
C'mon guys. Do you really believe Sarin comes packaged in breakable glass vials and shipped worldwide... LOL

Just a little FYI here, I have worked in a environmental consulting firm as a lab analyst, we had cyanide on hand and guess what they were in... little glass tubes.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: LOL
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2004, 01:17:40 PM »
Originally posted by TalonX
Didn't you have basic Civilian Defence classes?

What's funny is the arrogance of the question.....like we NEEDED a civilian defense class.  What was Russia gonna do?    Drive some rust bucket over here and whoop us good?   Nah, Ivan needed to figure out how to feed himself first.

We don't need no steenking civil defense class.

Well, some of the American politicians didn't share your point of view. Some rust buckets that we have can... hmmm... cause you some problems.

As for Civilian Defence classes - so what are you going to do in case some rusty chemical plant owned by Union Carbide  will blow up spreading toxic gas all over your town? Run in circles, scream and shout?

Looks like Iraqis will do better in such a case then you. At least they are prepared to determine contamination levels in case of chemical catastrophe.

Originally posted by TalonX
And, re: the other American Basher, I was researching great Fins......I need help, I can't find any.  

Just spoofing yas.  

:aok

You will experience some problems finding Finland on the Globe of the United States :D

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2004, 01:22:42 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
Didn't you have basic Civilian Defence classes? Or you studied stupid plastic toys at school when you were 14? :rolleyes:

Haven't needed 'em since we kicked you guys assess. May need to start training kids to recognize terrorists though.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2004, 01:30:13 PM »
Originally posted by Estel
These VPHR MUST BE in each Civilian Defence department in each goverment organisation or organisation with special purposes (such as medical, rescue, guard and etc.) in Russia. Also there must be DP-5 and DP-7. DP-5 is a personal capsule to count personal accumulated radiation doze. DP-7 is a usual dozemeter.

Maybe this ampoules were found in a main terrorist base in El Fallujah - a hospital?...

Funny that among US soldiers noone hade enough common sence to understand what it is. Don't they study the weapons and equipment of possible enemy? As for me - its pretty obvious that an ampoule with several compartments filled with liquid, powder and another small ampoule inside is a gas-analyser.  I understand that a person who has such a great education that they can read the word "indicator" in Cyrillic letters will probably never go to the Army, but I find it fantastic that noone checks such idiotic "news sources".

BTW, is owning a compass illegal now in Iraq? Or Marines think that a person who can use a compass and a map is a dangerous spy?

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2004, 01:33:35 PM »
Maybe this ampoules were found in a main terrorist base in El Fallujah - a hospital?...

Funny that among US soldiers noone hade enough common sence to understand what it is. Don't they study the weapons and equipment of possible enemy? As for me - its pretty obvious that an ampoule with several compartments filled with liquid, powder and another small ampoule inside is a gas-analyser.  I understand that a person who has such a great education that they can read the word "indicator" in Cyrillic letters will probably never go to the Army, but I find it fantastic that noone checks such idiotic "news sources".

how do you know the US soldiers didn't know what it was? The picture was captioned by the news, not the soldiers.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2004, 01:33:52 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
Haven't needed 'em since we kicked you guys assess. May need to start training kids to recognize terrorists though.

/*Boroda carefully studies his bellybutton to discover any evidence that it was "kicked" by someone across the Atlantic Ocean */

Didn't you already start teaching kids how to behave in case of chemical, biological or "dirt bomb" attack?! The more I look at you guys - the more surprised I am :confused:  You have a war with terrorists or what?

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2004, 01:38:15 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
how do you know the US soldiers didn't know what it was? The picture was captioned by the news, not the soldiers.

There must be some specially trained people in the news who can read, isn't it so? Or maybe USA Today can't afford hiring literate personell? :confused:

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2004, 01:41:33 PM »
There must be some specially trained people in the news who can read, isn't it so? Or maybe USA Today can't afford hiring literate personell? :confused:

That or the news media just enjoys spreading wdm fear around.. It seems to have worked well, even for the fools on this board!

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2004, 01:42:08 PM »
Damn. Want to buy a VPHR? Here you can buy it online for 3300 rubles, ($1 = 28.5 rubles). It includes detector tubes for Zarin/Zoman/V-gases, storage time 1.5 years and other indicator tubes, for phosgene, chlorine-cyanogen and diphosgene, warrnty storage time 4 years, etc. Here it is availible almost everywhere, on Civilian Defence facilities, that now take care of technogenig disasters. Phosgene, for instance, is used in many chemical factories, as well as many other substances that can be detected by VPHR.

Thats only a little over 100 bucks per kit.  Lets see 100 times each unit in the army.......

I find it highly unlikely with the glaring holes in Saddams conventional Military they would have spent a large amount of limited funds on detectors they did not need.  

Now if they had some Sarin gas it would make sense to get some detectors to make sure accidents do not happen.

Crumpp

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2004, 01:49:44 PM »
They had a war with Iran in 1980-88, and both sides used chemical weapons.

The detector tubes for Zarin can be stored for no more then 1.5 years. The expiration date on a pack says "Oct, 1....", so it can't be used for over 5 years. "Goden do Oct. 1..." "Годен до" in Cyrillic.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2004, 02:00:41 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Face the fact:  Sarin doesn't have a shelflife neither does the antidote.  My guess is you obviously know a limited amount on the subject of GB.  BTW genius, that is the Charge Number on the box, not a "Best Before Date".  But you keep walking from one watermelon filled bucket to the next, just like your boy GScholz.  The two of you should get married.

Karaya

lol anything in this post you wanna take out or perhaps maybe say sorry for??

pretty harsh there wildman..

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2004, 02:08:49 PM »
BTW genius, that is the Charge Number on the box, not a "Best Before Date".  

It is exactly an expiration date. "Годен до" ("Goden do") means "Useful until" or "Can be used before". Not even "Best before", but "usless after".

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2004, 04:30:56 PM »
Face the fact:  Sarin doesn't have a shelflife neither does the antidote.  My guess is you obviously know a limited amount on the subject of GB.  BTW genius, that is the Charge Number on the box, not a "Best Before Date".  But you keep walking from one watermelon filled bucket to the next, just like your boy GScholz.  The two of you should get married.

Karaya

Dam I felt so sorry when I read that; I almost cried... it was so rude from you.

Oh well, if I try really hard maybe I can get over it  :)

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2004, 08:25:15 PM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
lol anything in this post you wanna take out or perhaps maybe say sorry for??

pretty harsh there wildman..

Sorry for the truth?:lol
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles