Author Topic: Friday Surprise AKA shock  (Read 636 times)

Offline 1K0N

• Nickel Member
Friday Surprise AKA shock
« on: November 19, 2004, 12:58:54 PM »
I inherited an old stinky oriental rug that I almost sold at a yardsale for $10.... intuition told me to not sell it cause its been in the main family house for 30 years and I couldn't let myself get rid of it.... Its 9'x12', rather large and all I knew was it was persian or oriental and smelled like the family dog needing a bath... I decided to take it to a local dealer to have them clean it figuring if I am going to keep it the smell had to go if possible...
 At the dealer we unrolled it and the guy about crapped his pants with shock....I thought the smell got to him and he was afraid the rug stank was going to infect his store and sale rugs... I said its ok man Ill just pull it out side itll be ok.... he starts yelling sarook...Sarook....Sarook.... . in seconds all the helpers in the store have run out and are hovering over this stank bellybutton rug from hell.... I am embarrassed at this point because of the stank smell but have figured out that this story has changed really quickly...
 The salesman looks at me and asks what I think its worth...puzzled and clueless I tell him maybe $200 with the stank smell $300 without the stank smell.... he goes Sarook...sarook...stutter $10000 at the least...... Now im shocked.....
I have 8 more smaller ones just like it smelling up the garage....
I need the rest of the day off!!

IKON

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 01:04:43 PM »
Wow, congrats!

I bought a box of baseball cards at an auction on Wednesday for $5, knowing that it had a Donruss rookie card for Mark McGuire in it, which alone is worth about $10.  

It turns out there were 3 Mark McGuires in the box, with about a dozen other rookies cards amongst the junk.  It's worth about $150 total.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 01:06:48 PM »
Sell all of the rugs to the silly rug man and go buy alot of guns.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 01:15:30 PM »
and a cowboy hat so you can be the rootinest tootinest cowboy in the wild wild west.

ill give you 10 of her majesty's finest pounds for each of em.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Phaser11

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 01:22:04 PM »
Pounds of what????
:confused:
Phaser11,

"Long time we no get drunk together nathen"
"Silence! I kill you"

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004, 01:25:20 PM »
concrete. now please take them and go swimming.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Blue2

• Zinc Member
I've
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 01:33:14 PM »
Inherited a piece of Red marble mounted on a piece of wood which says "Part of Hitlers Desk Liberated in The Reich Chancellory
Berlin on 11th sept 1945"

It came from an elderly freind of the family who's father was some bigwig in the British Army During WW2.

Don't know if its genuine still trying to find out!

Offline 1K0N

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 02:11:29 PM »
In to good of a mood to be beaten down by ya Furby, thats my wifes job anyhow....She can and will spend the money just fine...trust me...

IKON

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2004, 02:12:25 PM »
her majesties finest pounds are  concrete and you guys use em for swimming?   never will understand the brits...

buy a few guns to shoot and a few to collect... guns are lighter and appreciate at a better rate than gold.

I never could do it tho.... whenever I buy an "unfired" firearm... I end up sayin... "unfired till I got ahold of it".

lazs

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2004, 02:21:05 PM »
i was jk.

i was implying £10 in the first post

second was aimed at phaser.

wtg on the carpets :)
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2004, 02:26:22 PM »
congrats 1K0N!
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2004, 02:28:27 PM »
Great story...congrats.:aok
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline 1K0N

• Nickel Member
Re: I've
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2004, 02:34:01 PM »
Originally posted by Blue2
Inherited a piece of Red marble mounted on a piece of wood which says "Part of Hitlers Desk Liberated in The Reich Chancellory
Berlin on 11th sept 1945"

It came from an elderly freind of the family who's father was some bigwig in the British Army During WW2.

Don't know if its genuine still trying to find out!

Take it to the road antique show.... probably test it for drug residue just for kicks... Wasn't Hitler into narcotics heavily, you could prove it with the desk piece!

IKON

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2004, 02:52:40 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
her majesties finest pounds are  concrete and you guys use em for swimming?   never will understand the brits...

buy a few guns to shoot and a few to collect... guns are lighter and appreciate at a better rate than gold.

I never could do it tho.... whenever I buy an "unfired" firearm... I end up sayin... "unfired till I got ahold of it".

lazs

i only buy shooters, that way I don't feel bad when I do.  They're cheaper, too.

Offline 1K0N

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2004, 02:53:08 PM »
TY guys, was a good day following a very bad week/month of issues, thought the story was funny.... I wont sell the big one but am going to take him the smaller stanky rugs and see what I can get...  

IKON