Author Topic: Spitfire  (Read 626 times)

Shade324th

Spitfire
« on: August 30, 2000, 06:19:00 PM »
I've taken a liking to the Spitfire, I'm kinda new so it's handling seems to suit me.  Can I get some tips on how the efficiently use this a/c?  I really like it and need to know its vital strengths/weaknesses.

BTW, what's is "E" and how does it work? (Pardon the newbie question, but I am one! )

aircat

Spitfire
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2000, 10:07:00 PM »
 well I realy dont care about spits ut that is for another post.

but will help you with basic understanding of "E". E like in Physics equals Energy. in air combat Energy comes in 2 Primary forms; 1 is stored energy (ALT) others is applied (SPEED). The more alt you have the more E you have stored. thats the primary reason for getting alt. now... you can always trade alt for speed and vice versa. BUT, you get better trade one way then the other. if you are lvl cruising then go into a dive you gain speed but after so much speed gained and alt lost you will not be ale to reclaim the alt as quickly as it was spent.

now for E in combat. think of E as money and your alt and speed are the bank in which its kept. lets make an analogy; you and your opponent are at the same alt/speed (same plane and all) now after merging (passing eachother) he goes into a immelman climb move. you go into a hard bank turn trying to get the fast guns on. he basiclt spent money in a stock that will take some out of ready to spend cash but will be profitable in longer run. you took your money and threw it out the back of the plane. you are now same alt as before but much slower. he is higher and can trade the stock in on cash any time he chooses. so combat piloting is ALOT of stock,intrest,dividends. you have to trade smart.

if that dont help this will... stay high stay fast and make them keep their heads down!

Shade324th

Spitfire
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2000, 10:16:00 PM »
Yea, that does help...thx!

eye

Spitfire
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2000, 10:34:00 PM »
HOW TO FLY A SPIT?

Find the closest green base that is being attacked. Go to a near by base. Load 100% fuel + dt.Drop dt before the fight. Try to enter fights with max 80% fuel.

Alt unitl you are 25k near the green base that is being attacked.

Always try to be the highest.

Attack all lower red planes. Stay fast.
The spit is the best e fighter in ah.

Dont lose your alt advantage. Use the spits climb rate to out run reds.

The spits climb rate is its ace in the hole.A co Alt plane cant catch it in a steep climb<Except 109 g10 which can beat it 21k +>

If you can try to make all fights climbing ones.Make all enemy pull there nose up at you. It slows them down and makes them a easier kill.
Use climbing turns but dont go lower than 150 MPH.

When ever in trouble dive the spit out early. Try to stay near enough to ack or friendlies for a clear.

A good spit pilot stays fast and tries not to get caught low.
A 10k spit can run away from anyone. A 2 k spit cant out run anything here other than a 109f zero or mk v spit.

Fly the spit like a fw190. Look for fights in progress. Then jump them. Look for drag fights low too. Hit them fast if you miss pull up drop a wing then drop on their 6.

Good spit pilots stay fast fast fast fast!

EYE