Author Topic: Joystick Help  (Read 1074 times)

pdog

Joystick Help
« on: August 31, 2000, 02:31:00 AM »
Iam having some problems with my joystick using AH. When i genetly turn any plane it goes spin and stall like crazy. Not good
I calibrate stick many times, reboot game reboot system  same thing.
After asking for help and getting ideas i came to it that it was the joystick not AH.
I have MS Precsion Pro.  I downloaed the profile here and it says invalid or corrupt file. OK then i ask someone to send me there
stick.cfg file in AH settings folder. Someone who was same stick as me. Still no Good.
Can somebody help me please.
My stick works perfectly in all of my other flight sims

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Joystick Help
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2000, 04:22:00 AM »
Do like me (if you can ...) get ride of your sidewinder ! (direct it to the trash   )

Since 1 month I've a X36 and my maneuvres are smoother with the X36 (it was jerky with the MS stick)

The only workaround I know is increasing the damping but you will still loosing E because of (I believe) micro-spiking.
And increase the deadzone of the rudder (personaly I can't turn without twisting the stick a little  )

I doubt the MS stick work good with all sims   have you tried Mig Alley ?

regards
Fred

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
Joystick Help
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2000, 05:24:00 AM »
I have a MS Prec Pro too and never had any problems with it .. i'm at work right now but i can send you my Config files in a few hours as soon as i'm back home

DW6

Offline Sharky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.31stfightergroup.com
Joystick Help
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2000, 01:17:00 PM »
pdog,

My stick works perfectly in all of my other flight sims

What other flight sims are you used to flying?  I'm not trying to be a smart bellybutton but perhaps everything is working just fine and it's the flight modeling of AH that is giving you problems.

Sharky

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Joystick Help
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2000, 03:09:00 PM »
I'd second Sharky here, lot of guys have trouble with the AH flight model at 1st. Back in Dec I switched from flying lefty to flying righty to go to X36 HOTAS. It's taken me a good 6 months to really feel comfortable again. The 1st month I had to relearn everything....couldn't even takeoff with out augering some days...go easy on controls for a bit and see if that helps.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
Joystick Help
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2000, 03:43:00 PM »
S!

With a digital stick sometimes spikes can produce errant control surface movements at the worst possible time.  Alot of times this is noticed when flying with auto pilot on and it kicks out all by itself.  I have a general stick setup help at www.reddragons.de/aceshigh/tactical.htm
If this doesn't help the problem get ahold of a trainer and set up a time to meet and fly.  The flight model here is touchy and sometimes a little elevator in a turn is cause for a stall.  One mans gentle is anothers overkill.  

S!
Rocket

pdog

Joystick Help
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2000, 07:10:00 PM »
Iv played Janes WW2, EAW and Mig Alley
all with flight dynamics realisicy as possible at 100%. My stick is fine do manuvers smooth. Iam not doing anything to the plane to make it stall like that.
A gentle turn will not stall the plane
I tried this with all planes its all the same.
I aslo had no probs in Mig Alley
I'll see if the config files will work

pdog

Joystick Help
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2000, 09:23:00 PM »
It worked Thanks
I checked the calibration it is good
Before it was slow and stuff even when i calibrated it. Guess i have to get used to the flight dynamics which is sort of a scam
Can't do anything in 2wk trail so u have to pay. don't blame em have to make money

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
Joystick Help
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2000, 03:33:00 PM »
pdog I know how you feel, but in all honesty it really isn't a scam type of set up.

Once you get used to this flight model you will never be able to fly those other sims without being very disappointed. This flight model is excellent, but with that comes the learning curve.

Hang in there. Take it easy. Practice off line, or better yet in the training area with a trainer. Once you get the hang of it you'll never go back.

Expect to improve quickly, but always know that there will be a large number of enemy pilots against you with excellent skill levels. Some of the very best pilots are flying here at Aces High. A good squad will really improve your enjoyment level.

Good Luck

Ranger Bob

pdog

Joystick Help
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2000, 01:24:00 AM »
Of corse they planed this, There not stupid
They made the FMs like this because to sucker people in to paying 30bucks a month for a sim that still needs lots of patches and fixes. The online MP aspect is realy fun tough. I put 25% fuel in a P51
Took off and flew level for a bit
My top speed was at 210mph
Flaps,Gear were down had no rockets/bombs
can;t turn the plane and it gets a hissy fit and stalls into the ground. I'll stick with gunning and M-16 till the trail runs out
All other flight sims have little or no learning curve. I fly in Mig Alley perfeclty and in EAW and Janes WW2, been flying janesww2 since it came out Mig and EAW recently and have not had the same prob in AH

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Joystick Help
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2000, 09:44:00 AM »
"Of corse they planed this, There not stupid..."

Ahhhh. So. Another Master Jedi Fighter Pilot who is "really good at flight sims..."

-Westy

(eye roll)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Joystick Help
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2000, 12:25:00 PM »

Originally posted by pdog:
Of corse they planed this, There not stupid
They made the FMs like this because to sucker people in to paying 30bucks a month for a sim that still needs lots of patches and fixes. The online MP aspect is realy fun tough. I put 25% fuel in a P51
Took off and flew level for a bit
My top speed was at 210mph
Flaps,Gear were down had no rockets/bombs
can;t turn the plane and it gets a hissy fit and stalls into the ground. I'll stick with gunning and M-16 till the trail runs out
All other flight sims have little or no learning curve. I fly in Mig Alley perfeclty and in EAW and Janes WW2, been flying janesww2 since it came out Mig and EAW recently and have not had the same prob in AH

Obviously this newby knows MUCH more than any of HTC's crew.   Perhaps he should be elevated to emperor of all flying simdom.    

Mav

[This message has been edited by Maverick (edited 09-02-2000).]
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

pdog

Joystick Help
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2000, 05:17:00 PM »
One word   Profit
thats all i have to say anymore