Author Topic: (throws this against the wall and runs like heck)  (Read 1002 times)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
(throws this against the wall and runs like heck)
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2004, 07:26:32 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
the only perfect person to give up his own life...

Oh yeah... something about passover in Jerusalem...
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2004, 07:38:32 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
Oh yeah... something about passover in Jerusalem...

:confused:

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2004, 07:46:09 PM »
You didn't see the movie?

<<Checks calendar for the relationship between Passover and Easter.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2004, 08:13:58 PM »
OK.....here is Christianity in a nutshell for those of you who don't get it.

God sent his only son to the world.  He was the perfect man and lived with out sin.  That is the gift he gives us....the only perfect person to give up his own life so everyone else can be forgiven of their sins.  THAT is why the "rules changed" so to speak.  I don't understand why some of you left wing fascists here don't appreciate  what Christ had to offer, if you think about it he was the origninal hippie...peace...love...ect.

right right, I understand that. But what I don't understand is say the shellfish eating thing. So say back in the old days you ate shellfish one day but other than that you'd been a perfect person, you end up at the pearly gates, they look down the list and see "Eaten Shellfish" ticked and bwhammo next thing you know your downstairs with Satan. Meanwhile the guy next to your sold his daughter into slavery, but HE didn't eat shellfish and got into heaven.

Then a couple of  thousand years later Jezuz comes down and whoa its ok to eat shellfish. Do you get a pardon and shifted upstairs, or was the contract with previous management and the new guys can't get you out because of the Hell for Eternity clause?

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2004, 08:18:34 PM »
Originally posted by Vulcan
right right, I understand that. But what I don't understand is say the shellfish eating thing. So say back in the old days you ate shellfish one day but other than that you'd been a perfect person, you end up at the pearly gates, they look down the list and see "Eaten Shellfish" ticked and bwhammo next thing you know your downstairs with Satan. Meanwhile the guy next to your sold his daughter into slavery, but HE didn't eat shellfish and got into heaven.

Then a couple of  thousand years later Jezuz comes down and whoa its ok to eat shellfish. Do you get a pardon and shifted upstairs, or was the contract with previous management and the new guys can't get you out because of the Hell for Eternity clause?

Sorry Don't have a real answer for you.  The thing is you cannot relate the old testiment with christians.  Also look up some of those verses but read the entire chapter not just the verse.  SOME of them tend to make sense.

Holden...yes easter happened after passover feast IIRC.  I just didn't understand your comment?  I'm feeling kinda dense right now.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2004, 09:05:37 PM »
So are you telling me, theres some poor soul stuck in hell going "oh comon it was only two oysters and they've revoked that clause" stuck down there for all eternity because you guys aren't sure about the Shellfish clause?

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2004, 09:22:04 PM »
So are you telling me, theres some poor soul stuck in hell going "oh comon it was only two oysters and they've revoked that clause" stuck down there for all eternity because you guys aren't sure about the Shellfish clause?

nope cause if he's in hell he's in hell for a reason.  It's God's will.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2004, 09:33:18 PM »
nope cause if he's in hell he's in hell for a reason.  It's God's will.

It's god's will?

He ate two oysters and he's in hell for all eternity because it's god's will?

Hey isn't god's will the same excuse the Muslims use with the suicide bombers?

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2004, 09:43:36 PM »
I've read the bible some - and most of the stuff turns out to be dogmatic doctrinal bull**** that at many points is contridicting itself. As if life wasn't confusing enough, then I go look at boobs, dirty up my plate some more and when i get it wiped clean, keep figuring out new and creative ways to dirty it up again!

Wolf

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2004, 10:03:09 PM »
It's god's will?

He ate two oysters and he's in hell for all eternity because it's god's will?

Hey isn't god's will the same excuse the Muslims use with the suicide bombers?

true but there's a big difference between blowing up a bus full of kids and eating shell fish.  Honestly I don't know what the big deal is about shell fish, don't really care.  

Maybe after Jesus was resurected the guy in hell for eating shell fish got a pardon under some type of dogmatic grandfather clause.

Also keep in mind not ALL muslims are blowing themselves up.  Those are the extremests mostly......christians have more than there fair share of nutjobs as well SEE: Abortion clinic bombers.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2004, 10:44:34 PM »
Oh sorry the "its god's will" just gave me a bit of deja vu from the muslim rationalisations of stuff.

Getting back to the Shellfish sinner...

So say he got a pardon right - thats cool. But I'm a bit concerned, because it seems to me god is capable of changing the clauses. For example, say something like smoking becomes a sin in some revision of the Bible 100 years from now, will the smokers be kicked out of heaven?

And did the guy that sold his daughter into slavery get his ticket to heaven revoked and get sent down to hell when they brought in the new testament?

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2004, 11:56:26 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
Mosgood....

You've quoted old testament scripture.

Christianity is based on the belief that no one can follow all the laws of the old testament, and that Christ brought us a new set of rules.

Matthew 5

17. Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2004, 12:17:53 AM »
Does Jesus ever say anything about the homos?

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2004, 03:53:17 AM »
I think some of you REAAAAALLY need to get out more.  

Seriously.

I'm not kidding.  

God gave us a sense of humor too.  Try using it.  Its fun.  ;)

Oh, and in case any of you were actually SERIOUS, the Old Testament laws are JEWISH law.  Has nothing to do with Christianity or Gentiles in general (beyond the obvious lineage of Christianity).  From a Christian point of view, the shellfish guy is goin to hell anyway because he's JEWISH and doesn't believe Jesus was the Messiah.  Besides, do you know how hard it is to find fresh shellfish??  Do you know the disEASES you can get from shellfish??  I mean, my GAWD, its AWFUL some of the things bad shellfish can do to you.  And then theres all those poor people who have allergies and dont know it!  They just swell right up like a balloon!  And what it does to your complexion!  And worst of all, even if you actually SURVIVE eating the shellfish, they you have to listen to your MOTHER with the constant "I told you so, I told you so, I told you so........."  NAG, NAG, NAG, NAG, NAG!!!!  Its enough to drive someone insane!  

:D

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2004, 03:56:12 AM »
Btw, the priest already told me I'm going to hell as a blasphemer and general all around n'er-do-well for committing the ultimate sin of asking questions.  That and I told him he should consider going to AA meetings.  Minor things.