Author Topic: Get A Clue  (Read 1428 times)

Offline TiGerZ

• Zinc Member
Thanks Man, Have a Great Thanksgiving
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2004, 06:45:18 PM »
Originally posted by NATEDOG
everybody calm down! we'll take care of it.

This is one AH2 player,  that will rest good tonight.   :o  Glad to see that your on top of it.  :aok  

Thanks for all of those who have brought this matter to light.  :aok :aok

Happy Thanksgiving  all you turkeys:D

Offline FuBaR

• Nickel Member
grrrr
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2004, 08:52:00 PM »
Who you callin a Turkey you Turkey.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Get A Clue
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2004, 08:58:58 PM »

Are you sure about this one? Think about it...

The resupp system is designed so that each resupp knocks off a certain amount of regeneration time required to reup a certain facility.

The system is intended so that the players must spend a certain time and effort to resupply something. It's designed so that the resupply attempt is not too difficult, but not too easy.

For instance, you can't just fully resupply a field with only one or two people - at least, fast enough to matter. It takes many people and continuous effort to cover the distance back and forth, to resupp something.

The resupp at port, is different. Instant resupplying at the spot, on water. One person with a repeated click of a button can prevent many people who took the time to hit acks, knock VH, clear GVs, even kill the CV nearby.

The objections to this is beyond the 'within the game' level - its possible in the game, but it should not be, because, it does not make sense in terms of reasonable gameplay.

I wouldn't have to explain the whole deal like this for someone to know that the Port resupp thing is an issue that must be addressed. So, don't play dumb.

Not sure what there is to take care of. You could resupply a field from the water since back in AH1 days. Many knew of it. Heck lots. P47 isn't the only port where this happens. ANY port I have tried to take w/ a nme cv offshore had this issue. Been like this for awhile.

Except in AH1, supplies landed on water didn't take. They had to drive over to the port and land the supplies.

Or, if it was the same even in AH1, then that sort of ironically proves that this thing wasn't something that everyone knew. It may have been possible from the days of AH1, but it has never been an issue until now because personally, I've never seen somebody actually exploit it to the full like this.

Offline WesDawg

• Zinc Member
Get A Clue
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2004, 10:37:32 AM »
Any chance of seeing a barracks or 2 placed ON a CV that can be individually destroyed, such as the radar and ack guns?  Obviously it should be made somewhat difficult to disable, but still.... not very realistic that when the 2 main ships are gone, LVT's and PT's can still spawn, which is a point for another day I suppose.

For those that think there's nothing wrong with this situation, does it then also make sense that you should be able to repeatedly up a goon on the runway, then drop airfield supplies without moving, to regenerate ack or ordinance at that same  airfield?  Heck, you could keep upping m-3's and never worry about leaving the comfy confines of the VH.

The other thing that seems inherently wrong about this is..  we've even tried porking the applicable AAA factories that supposedly resupply these ports to darn near 0% and this exploit still seems to work.  (and yes, by definition it is an exploit.. as opposed to a hack, which would be a TOS violation)

Just some thoughts..    
^^^AIM HIGH^^^
~Wes

Offline whels

• Silver Member
Get A Clue
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2004, 01:44:34 PM »
Originally posted by WesDawg
For those that think there's nothing wrong with this situation, does it then also make sense that you should be able to repeatedly up a goon on the runway, then drop airfield supplies without moving, to regenerate ack or ordinance at that same  airfield?  Heck, you could keep upping m-3's and never worry about leaving the comfy confines of the VH.

what keeps  M3s and C47s  from resuppling the same base they up from is, HT has it programmed u cant resupp same base of origin.  CVs are considered a base different from the port they
spawn from. so the above rule doesnt apply to LVTs from CV to port. they are considered 2 different bases.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 05:53:34 PM by whels »

Offline whels

• Silver Member
Get A Clue
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2004, 01:47:29 PM »
The other thing that seems inherently wrong about this is..  we've even tried porking the applicable AAA factories that supposedly resupply these ports to darn near 0% and this exploit still seems to work.  (and yes, by definition it is an exploit.. as opposed to a hack, which would be a TOS violation)

Just some thoughts..    
^^^AIM HIGH^^^
~Wes

factories only effect down time of strat it supplies, if not player
resupplied

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Get A Clue
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2004, 03:05:30 PM »
Originally posted by NATEDOG
everybody calm down! we'll take care of it.

Thank you.

As a part of this, I have to ask, why should ANYTHING be able to spawn from a completely destroyed Task Force?

If there are no ships, then nothing should be able to spawn. At least nothing with supplies and/or troops.

I can see where PT boats MIGHT be spawned from a dead Task Force simply for the sake of a fight.

But to spawn anything with troops or supplies is ludicrous.

Nothing that has been destroyed should be rebuilt by resupply within 5 minutes (or more) of being destroyed.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline WesDawg

• Zinc Member
Get A Clue
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2004, 04:17:32 AM »
Whels,

As it was explained to me long ago, hangars, town buildings, and TG's were the only fixed-time respawning items..  whereas base strats were impacted by the status of the applicable factory.  Also, the capital city closest to HQ impacted how fast HQ regen'd, as well as how fast the strat factories in that zone repaired themselves.  Supply trains and convoys play a role here as well but I'm not well-versed enough to comment on that specific aspect.

I can also understand why you're the counterpoint to this obvious oversight in the game..  how many port field gun kills do you have this month as a result of this?  An unbiased viewpoint will always hold more credibility than one with a not-so-hidden agenda.  :p

Hopefully this can be tinkered with easily...  and soon.

~Wes

Offline whels

• Silver Member
Get A Clue
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2004, 12:21:31 PM »
Whels,

I can also understand why you're the counterpoint to this obvious oversight in the game..  how many port field gun kills do you have this month as a result of this?  An unbiased viewpoint will always hold more credibility than one with a not-so-hidden agenda.  :p

Hopefully this can be tinkered with easily...  and soon.

~Wes

no hidden agenda, i dont care if HT leaves as is, or changes it. i will use it how HT sets it.   problem is alot here get upset if its not
THIER way.

I have no AA gun kills from resupply of ack. i just kept the ack up to keep the base, while others in my country, manned AA and GVs at the port.  in fact id say 90% of the resupply i did
ended in ditch