Author Topic: How do you perform a double immelman?  (Read 2152 times)

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
How do you perform a double immelman?
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2004, 02:12:08 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Oh no, tell me you did not look at my stats.  I've been busted.  Now every one knows I have been in an LA7.  Now I don't have any credibility what so ever any more.  

The fact that I  have been in an LA7 makes your statements correct. You  must know whats what because I have been in an LA7.  Did you know that I have flown 262s also?  That should make you an even better pilot.

Going to the MA now to get 2 kills in a 110 and land them.  Then, I will post the image of the land message here.  After that, I will know whats what and you will be wrong :rofl

You paranoid about something?

I don't care anything about you outside of your stupid claims in response what I said...

My reply was an answer to Howitzer's question:

Just a reminder his question was:

Seems I am just missing the "feel" for this maneuver... anyone have any thoughts on this one?

Your reply was whole bunch of nonsense as I said above. To support what I said I posted my G-6 scores because thats the actual plane I fly. According to you that plane should 'get me killed' every time.

It didn't, of course I took a look at what planes you fly to get an idea of your experiences to help me understand where you are coming from. I don't care about your K/D and can't tell you what it is in any plane.

But you fly the La7 more then anything else and if you make a definitive claim like:

you just died.

I will call bull**** on you. Now get back to your La7...

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2004, 03:06:50 PM »
Wotan,

I don't see how what I fly makes your BS claims valid.  They are still BS.  Yes your plane will get you killed everytime if you do a spiral in furbal or if you start the spiral withing d600 or 800 from the bad guy.  (remember all this is when equal states).  For you to claim that not only you will not die but you will win most of those situations shows how mach you know about the game.

Howitzer is missing the feel for the move because he really does get it.  If you read his post he is telling you the same thing I am.  The spit will close in on you and get a shot if at 1K.  At D600 you will be another stat.  

The spiral is very valid and it works.  Just don;t tell people to start it when at close range, at equal e states, and with a plane that does not outclime or outturn the bad guy.  Its just stupid to even argue that.

As far as the lala goes, if you looked more carefully you would see that I fly a different plane in every tour.  In this is 110 and LA7.  Last one was 110, typh,Spit,p38.  The one before was spit, g2, la7.  I fly everything.  In any case, what I or anyone else flies, does not make what you said valid.

If you want to call BS, call it on your self.  But, thats expected from an expert that does not even play the game.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2004, 03:54:53 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Wotan,

I don't see how what I fly makes your BS claims valid.  They are still BS.  Yes your plane will get you killed everytime if you do a spiral in furbal or if you start the spiral withing d600 or 800 from the bad guy.  (remember all this is when equal states).  For you to claim that not only you will not die but you will win most of those situations shows how mach you know about the game.

Howitzer is missing the feel for the move because he really does get it.  If you read his post he is telling you the same thing I am.  The spit will close in on you and get a shot if at 1K.  At D600 you will be another stat.  

The spiral is very valid and it works.  Just don;t tell people to start it when at close range, at equal e states, and with a plane that does not outclime or outturn the bad guy.  Its just stupid to even argue that.

As far as the lala goes, if you looked more carefully you would see that I fly a different plane in every tour.  In this is 110 and LA7.  Last one was 110, typh,Spit,p38.  The one before was spit, g2, la7.  I fly everything.  In any case, what I or anyone else flies, does not make what you said valid.

If you want to call BS, call it on your self.  But, thats expected from an expert that does not even play the game.

None of that has anything to do with the question Howitzer asked:

You are in a G10 and are being pursued by a spit (lets just say its either a 5 or a 9 because in the game you won't know which) you both are at the same alt, lets say 5k, and your speeds from what you can tell are pretty equal at 275. So if you are in the 109 and you want to try a spiral climb like wotan suggests at what point do you start the manuever in terms of how close the spit gets to you? Seems to me if you were to start when he is at d1000+, while you are in your turn he'd be able to close the distance and get a decent snap shot at you. But then again if he gets anywhere near d600, most of these guys will start blasting away at anything in the air, and you can't really rule out a lucky shot.

Seems I am just missing the "feel" for this maneuver... anyone have any thoughts on this one?

So his premise is :

You are in a G-10 and co - energy with a spit d-700 / d-600 back.

A G-10 can out accelerate (so can the G-6)  and easily out climb a spit (not so easy for the G-6).

As the G-10 goes up into a climbing turn the spit will close a bit until he tries to follow. He will only get a shot by pulling lead. The G-10 or G-6 for that matter can find a sweet spot where he can hold a given climb angle and speed. The higher the angle and the tighter the turn the more the spit has to pull to get his site on target and as such the more 'ground he loses' on the G-10. If the G-10 gets in trouble or makes an error all the G-10 needs to do is level out or go nose down and accelerate away.

So no the G-10 is 'not dead' and since I do this very thing in a G-6 and don't 'end up dead' clearly you are mistaken. I no longer have my Ah films on my website. Its been some time since I played Ah regularly. I came back for the AH2 betas as Helvik and flew the 1st AH2 tour. This worked for me in AH1 and was even easier in AH2 since the icons moved below the aircraft.

I don't play the game because I don't like main game play. Until ToD arrives I only 'fly' in FB/PF. The same move I describe in this thread I use there. My guys are getting together on Wed (tomorrow) and if you have that game you can join us and see for yourself. In FB/PF I only fly the G-14. Slower then a G-10 and faster on wep (MW-50) then a standard G-6. We fight everything from spits to p51s.

My reply to your definitive claim that 'I just died' is 'nonsense'.

I don't care what plane you fly or how you fly it or what your k/d is. My only interest in looking at what planes you fly was to get an idea of your pov. I simply looked at what plane you got the most kills in. Usually its a reasonable indicator of what plane you fly the most. If you say you fly everything, well then ok...

You can get 1000 kills and no deaths or die every time it has bearing at all. The only reason I posted my G-6 score was as a counter to your claim. I am sure there are 1000 people in this game that are far better then me.

However, if you think I am some 20k cherry picking bore and zzz dweeb then oh well, I can only suggest asking those who have flown with me.

But what ever makes you feel better.

As I stated above I fly the very way I outlined to Howitzer and as such 'don't  tell me what's what'.

You have your opinion, but it certainly isn't a fact.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2004, 04:08:40 PM »
Originally posted by Wotan
None of that has anything to do with the question Howitzer asked:
So his premise is :
You are in a G-10 and co - energy with a spit d-700 / d-600 back.

OK, maybe I don't get it then.  If the spit tigthens the climb and turn from 600 out he will end up very close to 200.  But in any case, I am not going to convince you about this.  Maybe the problem is the other game you play.  The FM maybe different.

bytheway, since stats can give you an idea of my point of view, most kills this tour where in a 110 (200) with the lala second (100) followed by 38, g10 and g2, before that 110,Typh,Spit,P38,B26 and before that Spit, G2, La7.  It seems that even though you don't care about stats you thought that pointing out the LA7 would somehow discredit what I had to say? :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2004, 04:35:52 PM »
I checked you career stats for plane usage. I didn't look at your stats for each tour because they are irrelevant and it would have consumed more time then I wished to bother with. I don't know why you are so hung about flying or not flying the La7; fly what you want I could careless.

What discredits what you have said isn't the La7 but my own experience. I would rather fight 20 la7s or Spits then 1 bore and zzz P5run. I will ahve to check my own career stats but I don't think I ever flew an La7 (could be wrong) but early in AH I flew the La-5FN quite a bit. It was a fun plane.

I played AH every tour for 3 years and intermittently since then so I am very familiar with the AH FM. From the pre 1.04 FM up to the current AH2 FM. In AH1 doing this move was more dangerous then in AH2 since the icons were above the plane and the hit resolution was larger.

FB/PF FM is very similar to AHs but with some noticeable differences.

As I said I fly the same way in both. I took what I did in AH and used it there.

OK, maybe I don't get it then. If the spit tigthens the climb and turn from 600 out he will end up very close to 200. But in any case, I am not going to convince you about this.

The spit isn't going to shoot into warp speed because you start a turn. You are not pulling a 6g black out turn.

As I said in another post above you start wide and shallow and then increase the angle and tighten the turn. Even if the spit has a slow closure you can start the turn slightly nose down to offset his closure then start the climbing turn.

Initially the spit will close but you will be out of plane, off to one side and slightly above. You aren't just flying level at d-600 waiting to catch a bullet.

The spit will need to pull lead to get a hit. As he is thinking about the shot you drag him up. It’s not an instant reverse. You may take him through 1 or 2 360s.

The 109 is not going to lose all its energy nor is the spit going to make any reasonable gain.

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2004, 07:51:18 PM »
All this technical stuff really hurts my head,  everyone has their opinions on different methods of flying,  i think it would be real manly if we just quit worrying about all this,  and to each his own "technique"..