Author Topic: Request for B-24 front cockpit canopy modification  (Read 513 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Request for B-24 front cockpit canopy modification
« on: November 02, 2004, 05:15:28 AM »
the b-24 looks great, side windows and all capture the look of the b24 well when looking from side or rear but looking from front the center large window of the front canopy is rectangular the way it is on a.p. loyds incorrect 3 view drawing. the real b-24s center window was square. the small window above it was mostly horizontal with very little of it curved down vertically to meet the large center window.

all B-24s look this way.

granted stretching the center window up and down wont spot on match the real thing since its so low poly but it will capture the look of  the real thing. the current ah2 version does not capture the look of the b24 from forward angles because of the canopy inaccuracy of the front window. (the nose should also be horizontal and flat like the fuselage spine behind the nose dome window.)

« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 05:43:58 AM by Citabria »
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
What does esoteric mean?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 12:07:32 PM »
See the post above.

I would have never noticed......I am sure there are lots of deviations between reality and the game.

Good catch - obviously a purist.
-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 12:36:30 PM »
I have walked through and sat in the cockpit of dragon and his tail every time it flew into my airport.

i only request the canopy and nose visible from the cockpit be correct.
I can overlook the engine nacels being to low because its not staring me in the face when i am flying the liberator.

to me the canopy is the only critical part of the 3d model that needs to be right or it just toasts the immersion factor when you know what the real thing looks like and the 3d canopy framing dosnt match up.

i really dont care if the turrets are 2d incorrect renders or that the waist gunners have the right number of oxygen bottles.

just make the stuff I am forced to look at when im flying 150 feet above the trees on a nail biting NOE bomb run to an enemy hq with a whole flight of liberators formed on my wing... make that stuff in the f1 or 1 view absolutely accurate.

as far as i care the rest of the 3d model could be realized from a cartoon drawing of the real plane.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 12:42:52 PM by Citabria »

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2004, 02:39:17 PM »
punt

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2004, 03:01:22 PM »
what a nerd

btw I flew in the Dragon and its tail..I liked it more then the "909" ride..mostly i think becuase when sitting in the chin gun..it seemed to be more of .."on the edge" feeling..

and you could sit in the tail gunners seat..unlike the "909"..

we flew for a 40min ride..."special"....we flew lo over the oil fields of Benicia..in SAn fran bay...dam...It was kikkkkazzzzzzzz

btw..

Fester..salute..I love flying the NOE raids with a sheite load of libs..

unforntaly..My fram rates go to single digits...and when an nme ftr coems around..I cant even sqeeze a shot..becuase my screen goes about..4-7fps..arghh the Hoorah

Love
BiGB
xoxo

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2004, 10:23:52 PM »
Very clear post complete with very clear illustrations.  Definitely an A on presentation.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 02:57:22 PM »
please fix

thanks

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 04:38:21 PM »
I'd like to see this fixed too.

Citabria,

Maybe posting it in the Vehicles forum would work better.  Widewing's post about the Ki-84's cockpit got pretty quick attention.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2004, 05:58:54 PM »
Do we have the same issue in F6F?