Author Topic: Rope a dope  (Read 543 times)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Rope a dope
« on: June 28, 2001, 09:03:00 PM »
I kinda am curious as to which maneuver this is.  Anyone wanna explain to me what it means in here?  Would be appreciated.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Rope a dope
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2001, 09:42:00 PM »
I believe its luring someone into losing all his E, whether you are above or with alt disadvantage.

When you with a wingman, i'd say a vertical drag can also be considered a rope a dope.

Dope!  ;)

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
Rope a dope
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2001, 05:34:00 AM »
Tac is pretty close on his definition. Basicaly it involves going into a zoom climb when you have a lot of E built up and hoping the slower,lower E opponent will follow you up. At the top of your zoom you do a reverse and come down on the opponent that is so slow by now that he generaly stalls and you end up chasing him on his 6.

A "drag" involves the use of a wingman and what happens there is he will lure the target into following him while you come around on the target's 6. Hopefully he is target fixated by then and you have an easy shot.

MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Rope a dope
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2001, 09:14:00 AM »
It's when you stay against the ropes, covering your upper body with your arms and gloves while your opponent wears himself out punching on your arms. Then when his arms feel like lead, you go on the offense and punch his light out..

In 1974, Muhammed Ali fought heavily-favored George Foreman in Zaire in "The Rumble in the Jungle". Though Foreman was considered the hardest puncher in heavyweight history, Ali won. How?

Ali covered himself up against the ropes and let Foreman punch until tiring himself out. Ali called this his "rope-a-dope" technique.

that's the real rope a dope

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals