Author Topic: Quantum Nucleonic Reactor  (Read 345 times)

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
Quantum Nucleonic Reactor
« on: December 03, 2004, 06:09:13 AM »
I know its a fairly new technology developed by the ARL and guys at Wright Patt - whats the basic premise behind the design and its applications?

Wolf

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 06:20:05 AM »
They are trying to make engines for UAV's out of it - so the things can loiter in the air for months. The engine is pretty simple, use the nuclear reactor to make heat, which heats the air and pushes it out the back faster than it came in the front.  Apparently this is a very clean process too as no fission takes place.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 06:22:07 AM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 06:28:28 AM »
Ok, is there any turbine component to the engine - i assume its a closed cycle heat loop of some sort.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 08:01:16 AM »
ElectroMagnetic Magnification would be faster and more quiet if you asked me.

:aok

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 08:54:41 AM »
if you are a conspiracy theroist they already have this.

a few years ago in pop science mag the showed proof of a plane going over mach 9 giving some sort of doughnut shaped puff "vapor trail"

supposedly sizemoligists were able to track the vibrations of the sonic boom to someplace in colorado, then track it take off and fly to scottland in less than 1 1/2 hours.

like i said if you believe that stuff
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 10:05:27 AM »
Looks to have real potential. Go UTD!
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Modas

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 10:29:26 AM »
Originally posted by JB73
if you are a conspiracy theroist they already have this.

a few years ago in pop science mag the showed proof of a plane going over mach 9 giving some sort of doughnut shaped puff "vapor trail"

supposedly sizemoligists were able to track the vibrations of the sonic boom to someplace in colorado, then track it take off and fly to scottland in less than 1 1/2 hours.

like i said if you believe that stuff

I work with a guy who's uncle went to MIT.  I guess this guy was absolutely brilliant beyond words.  So he ends up going into R&D for the government.  Weapons and technology primarily and all the really TOP secret sh*t.   Because of the stuff he worked on, the family did see him very often.

He did this for about 20 some odd years.  When he retired. he showed up to a family reunion and had a pair of secret service guys with him for his protection because he knew so much.  

When my co-workers family pressed him for details on what he worked on, (normal questions like asking if he worked on the sR-71), he just smiled and said that we were WAY beyond that and if we (general public) knew about just a fraction of the stuff the governement has in its inventory (or is working on) we'd be crapping our pants.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 10:39:03 AM »
Originally posted by Modas
When my co-workers family pressed him for details on what he worked on, (normal questions like asking if he worked on the sR-71), he just smiled and said that we were WAY beyond that and if we (general public) knew about just a fraction of the stuff the governement has in its inventory (or is working on) we'd be crapping our pants.
well if you think about it rationally, the SR71 is the fastest known plane on the planet.

it flew in the 60's for chrisssakes

you telling me in 40 years, we have come up with GPS locaters, and computers that fit in the palm of your hand, but can't make a better plane??

a buddy of mine was in the nave, did flight prep (i forgot which thing he did specifically but was on aircraft carriers). he told me a few stories he said he was not allowed to tell. he supposedly had to sign papers abotu these things agreeing to prison time if caught peaking about them.

first thing was in the Med near italy. about 2AM the whole ship shook from the blast of a plane or something flying overhead. he was told it was just a regular F14 or some garbage, but being on the ship that long everyone knew that no normal plane had that much turbulence behind it.

second thing was a training course in colorado or utah or something. he saw the "aurora" through a hangar door, again when going to the base his whole group had to sign non-disclosure forms about what the "might" see there.

thats just the drunken words from a buddy i have lost touch with. he did lots of drugs in and after the navy, and is not fully trusted, though he had no reason to lie to me at the time.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2004, 01:24:56 PM »
Originally posted by Modas
I work with a guy who's uncle went to MIT.  I guess this guy was absolutely brilliant beyond words.  So he ends up going into R&D for the government.  Weapons and technology primarily and all the really TOP secret sh*t.   Because of the stuff he worked on, the family did see him very often.

He did this for about 20 some odd years.  When he retired. he showed up to a family reunion and had a pair of secret service guys with him for his protection because he knew so much.  

Gordon Freeman!? :D
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2004, 03:10:53 PM »
Interresting read. Lots of potential. Can you imagine a heat engine car that only needs to be filled up once every 30 years. Hmm new stock to buy soon as it goes public.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2004, 03:33:02 PM »
Originally posted by icemaw
Interresting read. Lots of potential. Can you imagine a heat engine car that only needs to be filled up once every 30 years. Hmm new stock to buy soon as it goes public.

Hmmm I think my butt is the prototype!