Author Topic: a great F4F pilot show a spit5 a run for its money  (Read 728 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
a great F4F pilot show a spit5 a run for its money
« on: December 05, 2004, 06:53:08 AM »
just patse the link in the address bar, then click open. it will load into your ahf viewer.

it shows some awesome flying of the FM2 and how you can tease an opponent in a spit with your 303s :) note i dont use any cannon untill the last burst

http://www.71sqn.flightsims.info/images/Films/batfink2.ahf

« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 07:04:40 AM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 07:22:05 AM »
looks like a fun fight! certainly lasted long enough! all that looping at start for first 3 mins or so made me feel ill :D

Just a suggestion, you coulda had him quite a few times after you merge and both go vert, if rather than finishing the loop - go up again into a double immelmann.

Another bit of friendly advice (not that you need it) if you have a con crossing infront of you when low speed like that, just pull up cut throttle back so your speed drops back, then you can roll down onto them with a bit of extra distance between you and the target for a longer shot on them.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 07:32:56 AM »
thanks for the tips furbie :) i realise the flying was a little eratic and not too precision on both parties. but this made for the better fight.

this film is only two months old and its interesting how different it looks to newer films. like with anything you progress and video documents it for your evaluation.

mainly i seem to remember feeling greatly relaxed and not going hell for leather after the kill. in a way i was compensating for the superiour aspects of my plane. tempting fate and making it a more fair fight

i knew who was in the fm2 before i engaged and he knew me.

when you're lucky enough to get a good duel in the MA, its nice to make it last sometimes.

hell yeah i need friendly advice always man! never hesitate, anyone, the only thing i cant promise is i'll always follow it :)

after a few fights with very good sticks in DA i have refined alot in my throttle work and acm since this fight. i thank them for their patience.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 07:36:24 AM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 07:43:28 AM »
Originally posted by mechanic

mainly i seem to remember feeling greatly relaxed and not going hell for leather after the kill. in a way i was compensating for the superiour aspects of my plane. tempting fate and making it a more fair fight

i knew who was in the fm2 before i engaged and he knew me.

when you're lucky enough to get a good duel in the MA, its nice to make it last sometimes.

nice to see another with that attitude, its shame its a rarity in AH.

Originally posted by mechanic

hell yeah i need friendly advice always man! never hesitate, anyone, the only thing i cant promise is i'll always follow it :)

i didnt want to come across as being critical or arrogant trying to tell you what to do, everyone has their own style, just thought i would add something so maybe you can have another ace up your sleeve in future.

One of the best things you can do in AH - is do what they do not expect.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 08:04:36 AM »
nah you didnt come accross as arrogant atall mate, and im not so foolish as to think i know close to anything let alone everything :)

edit: i think i learnt more from you in ah1 about the hurricane than anyone else.

and how to take out the VH before the flack you bastage! :lol
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 08:09:50 AM by mechanic »